Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

58 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Cincy has done well I feel in the portal. Being able to recruit to play in the Big 12 possibly helping.

Transfer in:

C.J. Frederick (Kentucky) 22 mpg, 6.1 ppg, 1.5 ast, 0.8 reb

Simas Lukosius (Butler) 33,3 mpg, 11.6 ppg, 4.0 reb, 2.9 ast

Jamille Reynolds (Temple) 20 mpg, 10.1 ppg, 5.4 reb, 0.7 ast

Azaz Badaogo (Utah Valley)  29.4 mpg, 11.5 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 2.9 bpg

Transer out:

Jeremiah Davenport (went to Arkansas)  25.6 mpg, 9.1 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.5 apg

Mika Adams-Woods (went to St. Bonaventure)  29.9 mpg, 9.1 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 3.2 apg

Jarrett Hensley (went to Southern Illinois) 7.7 mpg, 2.0 ppg, 0.9 ppg, 0.6 apg

--------------------

It's interesting in that Cincy seems to be going the opposite that other teams are going -- Bearcats are getting bigger and slower.  Frederick and Lukosius are decent sized 2/3 players who can shoot but won't win any foot races;  Reynolds and Badaogo are both true big posts (6'10", 285 and 7'0", 225) who can't be on the court at the same time.

Up transfer Tomiwa Sulaiman (from division 2 Indiana University Pennsylvania) committed to Bryant very late in March.  Has reopened his commitment now.

6'6" combo forward from England.  Played for a very good D2 program at IU Pennsylvania which went 32-2.  Sulaiman averaged 12.6 points and 9.6 reb.  Shot 58% from the field and was 14 of 45 (31%) from three.

Obviously not a power 5 type of player, but should find a low/mid major to latch on to.  Not sure why he decommitted from Bryant.

Nuggets from Trilly Donovan tonight:

Georgetown currently leads for Cam Spencer but the 'blue bloods are coming in hot'.  Did not elaborate to say who that included.  He did mention U Conn in another tweet but said they would have to 'get in line'.

Tyrin Lawrence was trending toward coming back to Vanderbilt.  No commitment yet but Vandy trying to get it done before he visits Texas Tech.  

Oliver Nkamhoua (Tennessee big man, 8 ppg and 7 rpg) had been trending toward turning pro (whether it be NBA, G league or overseas) but if he did come back the thought was Michigan would be most likely to get him as a grad transfer.  Now he has schedule a visit to West Virginia, whom MIchigan can not match in terms of NIL.

6 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Georgetown currently leads for Cam Spencer but the 'blue bloods are coming in hot'.  Did not elaborate to say who that included.  He did mention U Conn in another tweet but said they would have to 'get in line'.

Tyrin Lawrence was trending toward coming back to Vanderbilt.  No commitment yet but Vandy trying to get it done before he visits Texas Tech.  

Oliver Nkamhoua (Tennessee big man, 8 ppg and 7 rpg) had been trending toward turning pro (whether it be NBA, G league or overseas) but if he did come back the thought was Michigan would be most likely to get him as a grad transfer.  Now he has schedule a visit to West Virginia, whom MIchigan can not match in terms of NIL.

Theme…schools with rich alums who prioritize basketball over football do well in basketball NIL?

23 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Making the assumption here that coming into Michigan as a grad transfer will eliminate the admissions hurdle.

https://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/2023/05/rutgers-transfer-cam-spencers-recruitment-beginning-to-take-shape.html

https://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/2023/05/rutgers-cam-spencer-enters-transfer-portal-here-are-5-possible-landing-spots.html

2 articles on Cam Spencer. Interesting bit of journalistic sleight of hand: the top article suggests some high end schools reaching out to Spencer, IU among them, and links to the bottom article. But, the bottom article doesn’t actually state that any of the schools listed are communicating with him, though at least some certainly are. It just lists logical fits.

13 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Making the assumption here that coming into Michigan as a grad transfer will eliminate the admissions hurdle.

It does eliminate the hurdle.  Read in a separate article that grad transfers are pretty automatically in but that undergrads go through a credit by credit process.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’d say Spencer is a great fit for what we need. I like him a lot. The whole recruitment has slimey feel though now based on how Twitter has responded.  I hate that part unfortunately. 

Sounds like Georgetown brought the slime…..but now that he is in the portal, would love to see IU benefit instead of Georgetown.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Committed to Penn St

Believe he was a 4 star out of high school.  Only managed to play a total of about 40 minutes his freshman year at Miami.

elsewhere, Isaac Mushila of Texas A&M Corpus Christi transfers to New Mexico.  Best pound for pound rebounder in D1 (6’5”, averaged 10 rpg in 27 minutes last year).

17 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Believe he was a 4 star out of high school.  Only managed to play a total of about 40 minutes his freshman year at Miami.

elsewhere, Isaac Mushila of Texas A&M Corpus Christi transfers to New Mexico.  Best pound for pound rebounder in D1 (6’5”, averaged 10 rpg in 27 minutes last year).

I continue to be pretty impressed with the level of athleticism and talent they are getting.  Curious to see how it plays out but you can see the VCU type vibe of athleticism he’s getting.  

28 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I continue to be pretty impressed with the level of athleticism and talent they are getting.  Curious to see how it plays out but you can see the VCU type vibe of athleticism he’s getting.  

Agree, though they’re missing the thing Shrews maxed: shooting

Let’s get a high end starting quality SG and get this thing rolling. I like the pieces put together but think we might struggle through early noncon schedule while learning system and tendencies.

I think we are doing our due diligence on Caleb Love, we are in the Spencer sweepstakes and we will have an idea about draft withdrawals very soon, with a lot of them by the end of the week as May 31st is the deadline.

Gunn is the tough one to me. I see the raw potential. If we get a 28-30 min guy at the 2 Gunn will struggle to get any constant run. My guess is If that happens Galloway is first off bench at 1 or 2. Gunn might be next. Imo, Cupps would be PG3. Newton would be SG3/4, SF3. Banks would be SF2.

Anyway, it seems we are looking and trying. I still really like Spencer. Love, idk, I could get talked into it. Draft entrants? I guess we’ll see.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think we are doing our due diligence on Caleb Love, we are in the Spencer sweepstakes and we will have an idea about draft withdrawals very soon, with a lot of them by the end of the week as May 31st is the deadline.

Gunn is the tough one to me. I see the raw potential. If we get a 28-30 min guy at the 2 Gunn will struggle to get any constant run. My guess is If that happens Galloway is first off bench at 1 or 2. Gunn might be next. Imo, Cupps would be PG3. Newton would be SG3/4, SF3. Banks would be SF2.

Anyway, it seems we are looking and trying. I still really like Spencer. Love, idk, I could get talked into it. Draft entrants? I guess we’ll see.

I expect that if we get a shooting guard in the portal, I still expect Galloway to play enough time at the 1, 2, and 3 positions off of the bench to get 20 minutes per game.

I expect that if we get a shooting guard in the portal, I still expect Galloway to play enough time at the 1, 2, and 3 positions off of the bench to get 20 minutes per game.

I agree. Galloway will get plenty of time. I think One of Banks/Gunn wouldn’t see enough to be happy. I love both of their potential. But I’d love a more dynamic 2 if we can find one.