Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

37 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

And is who CMW and staff needs to go after!!!  There are a few of the NBA combine players that I would be interested in, but this guy is in the portal and I think we need to go after him with everything we have, IMO

As Ant Wright stated, you can count on about 30% of D1 teams going after him.  Not because he's the best player that's been in the portal but because we are at the point of portal season where options are limited and he's a most definite niche player that fits perfectly into a role for a team in need of shooting.  I'm sure that IU has exhausted a lot of avenues bringing in both Ware and MM through the portal and even if IU was ahead of most teams in NIL money prior to portal season, that might not be the case now.

7 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Wonder if us going after Cam causes ill will with the Harpers?

Wouldn't worry about it.  Everything I've seen says he's not leaving the east coast and his destination is relatively pre-determined as long as the check doesn't bounce.

Also, he's only got a year left doesn't he so there's no overlap with Harper's recruitment?

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Wouldn't worry about it.  Everything I've seen says he's not leaving the east coast and his destination is relatively pre-determined as long as the check doesn't bounce.

Also, he's only got a year left doesn't he so there's no overlap with Harper's recruitment?

I was wondering, this morning, if he likes his teammates and coaches so very much at Rutger, then could he really want to stay if they cough up $15k?  Plus, thought I read that he had 2 years eligibility remaining.  But none of this is confirmed.  

Well, wish him luck except against IU.

12 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Their fans are real butthurt about it on Twitter, I got into a back-and-forth with a couple of them. Needless to say I have an extra rooting interest against Rutger from here on out.

There isn't a fanbase more delusional than that of team who has a good season or two, when they normally suck. Rutgers, Northwestern, Indiana football...

16 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

There isn't a fanbase more delusional than that of team who has a good season or two, when they normally suck. Rutgers, Northwestern, Indiana football...

Even when that preparatory school for Subaru line workers up in W. Laffy win a few games, they still suck. POTFB.

Didn't say I necessarily believed it, only that's what I've seen in print and on Twitter.

Me too, but an offer might have got him in the portal, but then a higher offer might tempt him elsewhere. Who knows.

I don’t think we add Cam but I do think we fill the 13th spot. Woody is trying his damnedest to win.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

6 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The Harper family has some strong feelings for Rutgers though and Cams leaving there seems to be ruffling feathers.  

2 hours ago, 8bucks said:

The Harper family has some strong feelings for Rutgers though and Cams leaving there seems to be ruffling feathers.  

It is because of the way it was done. Georgetown is the problem in their eyes. Nobody else. 

9 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Georgetown is the problem in their eye

I don't know why  he would go to Georgetown. Even with a new coach, they won't be any good next year. Why not go to a school where the team will win and the NIL money is good.

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Lance Ware (Kentucky) to Villanova.

Aziz Bandaoga (Utah Valley) to Cincinnati.  Good defender and rebounder.  Averaged 11.5 points, 10.4 rebounds, and 2.9 blocks at Utah Valley last season.

Cincy has done well I feel in the portal. Being able to recruit to play in the Big 12 possibly helping.

Trilly Donovan seems to be implying that Ed Cooley has been involved with multiple players leaving other teams and entering the portal.  One player of note that entered the portal very shortly after the season ended and very quickly committed to Georgetown was Illinois' Jayden Epps.

2 hours ago, Honkyman said:

I don't know why  he would go to Georgetown. Even with a new coach, they won't be any good next year. Why not go to a school where the team will win and the NIL money is good.

Georgetown is the school that was doing the tampering behind the scenes $$$$ and he’s an East Coast kid. There are schools that might beat out Georgetown though because he’s listening to all his options now that he’s in the portal.

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Trilly Donovan seems to be implying that Ed Cooley has been involved with multiple players leaving other teams and entering the portal.  One player of note that entered the portal very shortly after the season ended and very quickly committed to Georgetown was Illinois' Jayden Epps.

He’s definitely been doing some tampering 

2 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

That doesn’t surprise me, he seems sort of shady anyway