Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

If staff is really waiting on someone to back out of the draft it has to be a graduate transfer right? I just don’t see any other option. So on that note, give me another Northwestern transfer and bring in Audige lol. I think that’s a less than 1% chance.

If staff is really waiting on someone to back out of the draft it has to be a graduate transfer right? I just don’t see any other option. So on that note, give me another Northwestern transfer and bring in Audige lol. I think that’s a less than 1% chance.

Ohhh, That would be nice

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Tom White said:

I've never understood what was going on during those times. Had the coaching staff gotten lazy? Were they getting that many doors slammed in their faces? So many head-scratching decisions.

I think it was a combination of a few things:

1) Striking out on their top priorities without a real backup plan.

2) Crean looking for the next Wade or Oladipo, although not necessarily to that extreme. Basically, under the radar guys he could turn into good basketball players.

1 hour ago, go iu bb said:

I think it was a combination of a few things:

1) Striking out on their top priorities without a real backup plan.

2) Crean looking for the next Wade or Oladipo, although not necessarily to that extreme. Basically, under the radar guys he could turn into good basketball players.

From what I heard it was a combination, in particular, of

- Landing top recruits and helping develop them to go pro (e.g., Vic, OG, etc.) without focused recruiting to fill the gaps in classes when they did go pro or graduate

- Losing the confidence of the HS coaches particularly in IN. There was a fair amount of chatter / talk that HS coaches lost faith in Crean as a coach and program leader - which led to a fallout in recruiting efforts

- some fallout from talk when Cheaney left in/about 2013. I'm not sure how much this really mattered (to the extent true) as TC obviously continued on through 2016-17 and won the BT etc., but Cheaney was reportedly (talk/chatter), well, less than impressed with Crean's coaching / leadership.

1 hour ago, ib4iu said:

At this point Audige has not announced he is leaving the draft and also has not said he would be in the portal.

4 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

True. Trilly says DMV. But others indicating UConn and Georgetown involved. Georgetown appear to be biggest suspects.

I actually read Trilly's tweet as less of a 'he's going to go to the DMV' as more of a 'there will be a DMV school that gets involved in recruiting him'.

From Ant Wright on the Cam Spencer decision to transfer.....reading the thread of replies, he seems to indicate that a school was contacting Spencer and trying to get him to leave for more NIL money but now that he has hit the open portal, he might not end up there as there appears to be a pretty big bidding war already brewing among shools.

45 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

There’s quite a few elite guards that can still be gotten. If Woodson gets one. This will likely be the best off-season in IU history since the prime Knight years 

IU lost Trayce, Race, JHS, and Kopp to graduation/NBA…..that’s four starters plus Bates, who was in the seven man rotation + Geronimo who was eighth.  Losing four starters and six players in the first eight yet still being a team around the top 25?  That’s a solid recruiting job.  Moving closer to being a reloading program as opppsed to rebuilding.

2 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

At this point Audige has not announced he is leaving the draft and also has not said he would be in the portal.

I know. I’m just stating I don’t think the player that IU ends up with, if they fill the spot, has announced either of those things. There isn’t any need to. Just fun speculation on my part. I bet IU can still offer a player like Audige who would be at best a 2nd round pick, better NIL than current school and probably better pay than the non-guaranteed 2nd rd pick contract. He’s been at northwestern for 4 years. I don’t even know if he’d be a grad transfer but seems like a plausible scenario. Again I’m in no way stating it would be Audige. Just a player with a similar circumstance. Late 2nd to undrafted. Not in portal and not withdrawn draft. Grad transfer. 

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

From Ant Wright on the Cam Spencer decision to transfer.....reading the thread of replies, he seems to indicate that a school was contacting Spencer and trying to get him to leave for more NIL money but now that he has hit the open portal, he might not end up there as there appears to be a pretty big bidding war already brewing among shools.

Things like this is why I was against NIL in the first place. I knew they were going to go around the he intended use of NIL to make it pay for play

47 minutes ago, ib4iu said:

I know. I’m just stating I don’t think the player that IU ends up with, if they fill the spot, has announced either of those things. There isn’t any need to. Just fun speculation on my part. I bet IU can still offer a player like Audige who would be at best a 2nd round pick, better NIL than current school and probably better pay than the non-guaranteed 2nd rd pick contract. He’s been at northwestern for 4 years. I don’t even know if he’d be a grad transfer but seems like a plausible scenario. Again I’m in no way stating it would be Audige. Just a player with a similar circumstance. Late 2nd to undrafted. Not in portal and not withdrawn draft. Grad transfer. 

Here are a few players that could pull out of the draft and would be possible grad transfers.

Chase Audige, Northwestwen 40/32/83

Damion Baugh, TCU 47/33/71

Jaylen Forbes, Tulane 47/39/86

Ithiel Horton, UCF 41/35/83

Casey Morsell, NC State 56/41/79

Elijah Pepper, UC Davis 54/32/81

Tyler Thomas, Hofstra 58/40/78

Checked a few prospect lost and mocks. None of these players showed up. All are potential grad transfers and would be intriguing fits. None have announced any intention (that I could find) of leaving the draft or transferring but they have until May 31 to remove from draft. 

13 minutes ago, ib4iu said:

Here are a few players that could pull out of the draft and would be possible grad transfers.

Chase Audige, Northwestwen 40/32/83

Damion Baugh, TCU 47/33/71

Jaylen Forbes, Tulane 47/39/86

Ithiel Horton, UCF 41/35/83

Casey Morsell, NC State 56/41/79

Elijah Pepper, UC Davis 54/32/81

Tyler Thomas, Hofstra 58/40/78

Checked a few prospect lost and mocks. None of these players showed up. All are potential grad transfers and would be intriguing fits. None have announced any intention (that I could find) of leaving the draft or transferring but they have until May 31 to remove from draft. 

Note:  the first number you are listing is the players two point field goal perecentage and not their overall fg pct.

9 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Ant Wright and Ron Harper Jr. suggesting dirty play, and a bad back story to the Cam Spencer portaling. Trilly is suggesting a DMV school. UConn, Maryland, Georgetown, ??

Shame is, he might be the type of player that fits our need most. He’s a competitor, too. Good player. Glad to see Butgers take one on the shin though, even though I kinda like Pikiell.

Them getting Ace Bailey??? And potentially Dylan Harper needs to not happen.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Their fans are real butthurt about it on Twitter, I got into a back-and-forth with a couple of them. Needless to say I have an extra rooting interest against Rutger from here on out.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

And Indiana goes from 25 to 16 with him. IU doesn’t move from 25 with Love. The metrics love Cam Spencer.

And is who CMW and staff needs to go after!!!  There are a few of the NBA combine players that I would be interested in, but this guy is in the portal and I think we need to go after him with everything we have, IMO