Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

7 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

Hard to imagine he wouldn’t unless they have a specific target in mind.

10 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

May not be bad, 43% from 3 on 5 attempts last year and 40% for his career.  Good FT shooter too.  2:1 assist to TO ratio.  Plus only 1 year left.

4 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

May not be bad, 43% from 3 on 5 attempts last year and 40% for his career.  Good FT shooter too.  2:1 assist to TO ratio.  Plus only 1 year left.

I think it's a no brainer! He is a one year guy, unless they are wanting a guy with a few years.

Ant Wright and Ron Harper Jr. suggesting dirty play, and a bad back story to the Cam Spencer portaling. Trilly is suggesting a DMV school. UConn, Maryland, Georgetown, ??

Shame is, he might be the type of player that fits our need most. He’s a competitor, too. Good player. Glad to see Butgers take one on the shin though, even though I kinda like Pikiell.

Them getting Ace Bailey??? And potentially Dylan Harper needs to not happen.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

11 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Ant Wright and Ron Harper Jr. suggesting dirty play, and a bad back story to the Cam Spencer portaling. Trilly is suggesting a DMV school. UConn, Maryland, Georgetown, ??

Shame is, he might be the type of player that fits our need most. He’s a competitor, too. Good player. Glad to see Butgers take one on the shin though, even though I kinda like Pikiell.

UConn isn't DMV. I'd put it all on Maryland.

21 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not for us. Not a switchable defender.

Really nice player and competitor though.

This is close to where I am re: Spencer.

However, he played more minutes than anyone else on a Rutgers team that finished 6th in Kenpom defensive efficiency. Maybe we’re wrong.

54 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

UCONN is not in the DMV

Assuming there isn't a potential transfer prospect going through the NBA draft process waiting in the wings for us (that the staff feels really good about), I'd be pretty happy to round out the roster with Cam Spencer. 

He makes winning plays, shoots well, and I think his strengths compliment Trey's fairly well.

Our 2 spot wouldn't be the most talented in the NCAA, but it would be solid... and considering the rest of the roster, I think "solid" would be all we really need. Especially considering behind TG and Spencer, would be CJ Gunn and Jakai Newton. Not as if we'd be totally devoid of athleticism/length/depth. 

IF... we land a combo guard who opts out of the NBA draft process, it will be hard not to have sky high hopes/expectations.  

Maybe it's Woodson/the staff, maybe its the NIL environment/support from Dolson, maybe its the transfer portal.... IDK... I'm just glad we're not trying to get excited for Grant Gelon/Jeremiah April kinds of pick ups anymore. 

17 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

I'm just glad we're not trying to get excited for Grant Gelon/Jeremiah April kinds of pick ups anymore. 

I've never understood what was going on during those times. Had the coaching staff gotten lazy? Were they getting that many doors slammed in their faces? So many head-scratching decisions.

4 hours ago, Artie86 said:

I really hope so!  I think he is exactly what CMW and staff needs to round out this roster.  He is better than anyone left right now.  The only way they don’t look at this guy is if they have someone lined up from the NBA combine that will enter the portal one he is done.  But I would try to get this guy because a guy in the combine still isn’t a guarantee 

3 hours ago, Josh said:

I thought the portal closed a week ago.  Am I wrong?

I am not clear on the transfer rules but I think it is one of these two scenarios:  you can enter the portal if you just finished up classes and are officially a graduate student.  Or it maybe you can enter the portal anytime but after the deadline you have to sit out unless you are a grad student.