Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Hey, they gave the basketball team a pass, but UNC is a helluva good school for those that actually earn a degree. Top 10 public university in the nation.
I won't argue that NC is a great academic school. That reputation should be stained though imo. Remember the got away with it because they let not athletes take fake classes also

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Hey, they gave the basketball team a pass, but UNC is a helluva good school for those that actually earn a degree. Top 10 public university in the nation.

Yes, I knew that UNC is top 10 public (and difficult to gain entrance) with UM, Texas, UVA,  etc but was just joking how their basketball team credits were viewed by another good school. 
Still don’t understand how such a good school allowed what they did in regards to their athletes. Very SEC’sh.

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Gotta think Kellen would take over in this scenario, right? I’d be kinda surprised if Kelvin took the interview without floating that idea by decision makers. 

Unless of course this is just contract shenanigans. 

Don’t know, but wouldn’t put contract shenanigans past Sampson….

18 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Basketball and football. UNC is a very good school, and like Iu has a great business school, but man a history, as in multiple years, of an entirely fake studies program? That’s more than an asterisk in my book.

1 minute ago, AZ Hoosier said:

My money is on "contract shenanigans"... after all, it's Sampson... 

image.thumb.png.2551cc1d1c0e2ea596ef89da7bd65a9a.png

More surprised, and skeptical, about T Lue, Clippers are extremely supportive of him, and Clipps would likely have at least made the WC championship but for Kawhi’s and PG’s injuries 

10 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

More surprised, and skeptical, about T Lue, Clippers are extremely supportive of him, and Clipps would likely have at least made the WC championship but for Kawhi’s and PG’s injuries 

But they’re always injured. Getting to coach Giannis is generally a ticket to the ECF.  They’ll have other good options too. 

Either way, I can’t see them going with Sampson. He was only an assistant in the NBA because he had a show-cause in the NCAA. Then he jumped right back to college. Houston can probably pony up some decent cash.

Hmm, Giannis has “gone fishing,” his season’s over. :)

Kawhi for sure has always struggled with injury, PG’s been getting injured more often, but the talent is there and that team is now built well for a run. The grass aint always greener…

On 5/17/2023 at 6:43 AM, Gnet550 said:

I would love to see him go to ISU..i think Schwartz is doing an excellent job there. He doing well with the transfer game, but if he could get a 4 year kid who’s local…to replace Cooper Neese (who was local and transferred in from Butler) it would be awesome. If Joey has his eyes set on Power 5, I’d completely understand it but it would be nice to watch him in Terre Haute!

He let's his kids shoot too. That would be great for Joey.

I find it genuinely interesting that we haven’t even heard much in the way of rumor this week regarding IU’s pursuit to use their final grant. We know they’ll do so, and there are some players in the portal they’ve pursued, but none who’ve visited: the Caleb Love Zoom call the first time ‘round, Tyrin Lawrence’s unrequited interest.

And of course Love is back on the board now, but other than sort of speculative “watch Mizzou and IU” sort of stuff there hasn’t been reported movement there.

If I had to venture a guess, there might be mutual interest with a combine prospect and they’re awaiting decision(s) after the withdrawal date, plus I’d imagine they might see if the distance between them and Love has changed in the last month (though I think @RaceToTheTop made a good case he probably lands somewhere where lots of shots and backcourt minutes are available).

Anyway, I’m confident there’s a plan — this offseason has gone better than anyone could’ve reasonably hoped, and in many ways talent begets talent. Just interesting that it’s been quiet, whether because they await combine decisions or are simply working low key and (a la Walker) maybe we’ll just learn day of that someone’s on campus. And even that interest had been rumored, via Trilly!

11 minutes ago, lillurk said:

I find it genuinely interesting that we haven’t even heard much in the way of rumor this week regarding IU’s pursuit to use their final grant. We know they’ll do so, and there are some players in the portal they’ve pursued, but none who’ve visited: the Caleb Love Zoom call the first time ‘round, Tyrin Lawrence’s unrequited interest.

And of course Love is back on the board now, but other than sort of speculative “watch Mizzou and IU” sort of stuff there hasn’t been reported movement there.

If I had to venture a guess, there might be mutual interest with a combine prospect and they’re awaiting decision(s) after the withdrawal date, plus I’d imagine they might see if the distance between them and Love has changed in the last month (though I think @RaceToTheTop made a good case he probably lands somewhere where lots of shots and backcourt minutes are available).

Anyway, I’m confident there’s a plan — this offseason has gone better than anyone could’ve reasonably hoped, and in many ways talent begets talent. Just interesting that it’s been quiet, whether because they await combine decisions or are simply working low key and (a la Walker) maybe we’ll just learn day of that someone’s on campus. And even that interest had been rumored, via Trilly!

I think they will continue keeping their recruitments much quieter because of the Ledlum missed opportunity 

2 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I think they will continue keeping their recruitments much quieter because of the Ledlum missed opportunity 

Maybe. That worked just fine in the end, as he left a spot that became Mgbako’s. If anyone got burned by that it was someone whose name rhymes with Reff Jabjohns I think

36 minutes ago, lillurk said:

They’re waiting for someone’s mom to call

I personally hope they're not interested in Love again. He's already turned IU down twice and he's a high risk type. It may have been worth taking that risk before Mgbako commitment  but now I think it's better to go with a safer yet still talented player.