Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

2 hours ago, go iu bb said:

8 years of eligibility. Is this the record?

There was another “kid” in the portal this cycle who started his career the same year. Can’t remember his name. And once the Covid year cycles, yeah, that’s probably an unbreakable record.

1 minute ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Seemed like Brian Cardinal (PUke) and Jess Settles (Iowa) played forever...

Settles I think was there for 6 years. Cardinal was only in college for 4 years but it seemed long because he was a PITA.

48 minutes ago, Demo said:

There was another “kid” in the portal this cycle who started his career the same year. Can’t remember his name. And once the Covid year cycles, yeah, that’s probably an unbreakable record.

Wow. Crazy stuff.

6 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Seemed like Brian Cardinal (PUke) and Jess Settles (Iowa) played forever...

Jess Settles loves him some IU! Every time he calls a game you know he’ll pay reverence to IU

I really don’t like records broken because of the covid loophole though. 

Strange pickup for Maryland.  Mada Traore, 6'11" center who played his freshman year at New Mexico State.  Only played a total of ten minutes as he had to complete some academics before being eligible and  New Mexico State cancelled their season shortly after.  Was ranked only 237 in his recruiting class.  I would have assumed he was a walk on but everything I've seen online does not seem to indicate that.

2 hours ago, Stromboli said:

Jess Settles loves him some IU! Every time he calls a game you know he’ll pay reverence to IU

I really don’t like records broken because of the covid loophole though. 

Yep, Kevin Kugler is pretty pro-IU too, I don't need or expect that, but is a welcome change from some other commentators.....

Can't wait for all things COVID to be a distant memory! 

17 minutes ago, Demo said:

Linton’s Joey Hart granted his NLI release by UCF. Is Indiana State the move here?

I've seen Notre Dame interest. I think he's visiting Butler soon or just did.

33 minutes ago, Demo said:

Linton’s Joey Hart granted his NLI release by UCF. Is Indiana State the move here?

Heard Isu and Evansville. But also heard it's going to be so e place close to home . So anywhere with in a few hours of home is my guess . Really not a bunch of chatter of the locals so who knows .

3 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Remember Granville Waiters from Ohio State? He looked like a senior citizen when he was just entering his 20's. Used to call him Granddad Waiters.

If I remember right, wasn’t his haircut more like Grandpa Jones, hair on the sides and back but bald on top?