Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

20 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

You forgot that he has to be a lockdown defender who averages ~1 blk and 1.5+ steals per game. Assist to TO ratio at least 2:1. Without those, pass.

Yeah.  Good points, all.  

But, I was wondering...maybe, we can't get everything. 

: )

1 hour ago, Dave from Dayton said:

We need a combo guard/wing that can play at the 1, 2 and 3.  He has to hit 3 or 4 3-pointers a game at a clip of 40% or better.  Gotta make his own shots and get multiple assists.  Be able to score at many levels and is a team player.  Has to be talented with a quick step and be able to rebound and block out.  Hits free throws at above 85%.  Speaks and communicates well...and represents Indiana University in a first-class manner.  He has to have more than one year of eligibility remaining.  Did I miss something?  Oh, yes.

I'm not available.  But let's discuss the NIL opportunities that are available.

Plus, speaks a foreign language would be nice.

One of the most pure talented shooting guards in the portal is Deshawndre Washington of New Mexico State.  Great length (6'7"), from Chicago, was just a freshman last year.  Had offers from Missouri and Wichita State out of high school.  Jack of all trades, 12 ppg, 7 rpg, 4 apg.  33% from three.  The issue?  Sexual harassment allegations and lawsuit from two other players that Washington and two other players sexually harassed and abused them in 'hazing'.  This was what ended New Mexico State's season.

3 hours ago, Scotty R said:

For me if we aren't bringing in a guy to he a starter over Galloway I would just hold on to the scholarship

So you wouldn't be interested in a Nick Zeisloft type of player, i.e., someone who shoots 3-point shots better than anyone on the team, to come off the bench and jump start the offense with multiple 3s?

3 hours ago, Scotty R said:

For me if we aren't bringing in a guy to he a starter over Galloway I would just hold on to the scholarship. If it is just a depth piece at the 2 I would just let Gunn and Newton be the backup and let them develop

Any injury to Galloway/X results in counting on Newton or Gunn immediately stepping in and getting big minutes as the third guard.  Adding a guy -- particularly a guy who has one year of eligibility left -- is basically the same as we got from adding Anthony Walker.

16 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Any injury to Galloway/X results in counting on Newton or Gunn immediately stepping in and getting big minutes as the third guard.  Adding a guy -- particularly a guy who has one year of eligibility left -- is basically the same as we got from adding Anthony Walker.

Yeah I think they’re aiming for a starter-caliber 2, but even a depth guy like Purdue had with David Jenkins last offseason would be beneficial

5 hours ago, Dave from Dayton said:

We need a combo guard/wing that can play at the 1, 2 and 3.  He has to hit 3 or 4 3-pointers a game at a clip of 40% or better.  Gotta make his own shots and get multiple assists.  Be able to score at many levels and is a team player.  Has to be talented with a quick step and be able to rebound and block out.  Hits free throws at above 85%.  Speaks and communicates well...and represents Indiana University in a first-class manner.  He has to have more than one year of eligibility remaining.  Did I miss something?  Oh, yes.

I'm not available.  But let's discuss the NIL opportunities that are available.

So we need Steph Curry to transfer……

On 5/12/2023 at 11:26 PM, TeeterInNJ said:

What was the point of going back over a month (more than 100 pages back) to find two of this guys posts?

We just got a burger boy... lighten up Francis :farting_smiley:

Was just enjoying my weekend and I pull this up to see I caught some strays lol. I was wrong sure but at that time we just missed on Ledlum and nobody had any clue what direction we were going in. I’ll own being wrong but going back a month to find my posts is weirdo behavior lol

2 hours ago, IU_FanClub said:

Was just enjoying my weekend and I pull this up to see I caught some strays lol. I was wrong sure but at that time we just missed on Ledlum and nobody had any clue what direction we were going in. I’ll own being wrong but going back a month to find my posts is weirdo behavior lol

I wasn't searching for yours in particular. I remembered there was a good amount of hand-wringing going on at the beginning of April when we discovered there wasn't mutual interest between Caleb Love and our staff. People were getting restless that it was already April and Woodson hadn't won the offseason yet. 

3 hours ago, IU_FanClub said:

It should just show people not to overreact so early in the process 

44 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I wasn't searching for yours in particular. I remembered there was a good amount of hand-wringing going on at the beginning of April when we discovered there wasn't mutual interest between Caleb Love and our staff. People were getting restless that it was already April and Woodson hadn't won the offseason yet. 

32 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

It should just show people not to overreact so early in the process 

I agree. I’ll always admit when I’m wrong because there’s no reason not to. I also think at that point in time it was fair to have concerns given how the 23 class had looked at the time and the major holes on the roster. However I think the Mgbako win is one for me personally that has cemented my trust in the recruiting

I disagree. The off-season had just started and you and others wanted to deem the 23/24 a disaster because we missed out on 2 players. There was absolutely no reason to think that way. It was way too early as myself and others tried to point out to you and the others. If it was late June or July and you guys were ready to jump off the cliff, I would have been right there with you. But that was entirely too early and unwarranted IMO. glad you owned up to it.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I agree. I’ll always admit when I’m wrong because there’s no reason not to. I also think at that point in time it was fair to have concerns given how the 23 class had looked at the time and the major holes on the roster. However I think the Mgbako win is one for me personally that has cemented my trust in the recruiting
Concerns? No doubt. Declare next season terrible? Way too much of an overreaction. I do respect your and everyone's opinions. Doesn't mean we can't call people out on their over reactions both ways. I have seen many posts over the years where calling out people has happened.

I disagree. The off-season had just started and you and others wanted to deem the 23/24 a disaster because we missed out on 2 players. There was absolutely no reason to think that way. It was way too early as myself and others tried to point out to you and the others. If it was late June or July and you guys were ready to jump off the cliff, I would have been right there with you. But that was entirely too early and unwarranted IMO. glad you owned up to it.

Damn man! It's a message board, not life and death. People just doing what fans do. Being passionate about something that brings them joy. Try not to be so legalistic. That's the reason many people (myself included) read but don't comment very often.

Sent from my SM-S901U using BtownBanners mobile app