Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

31 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

Slick Rick is not doing well at landing the better guys.  Will see if he can start to change that. I think he might be regretting clearing house. He also made a comment that this is the hardest he has had to ever work

Poor guy.

He may have to drink an extra quart of blood this week.

Rick and St. John's do have a recruiting asset.  The Big East is arguably the best basketball conference in the land.

Zuby Ejiofor from Kansas enters the portal.  6'9" power forward.  Played in 25 of the Jayhawks 36 games, averaged 5 minutes per game with 1.2 ppg and 1.7 rpg.  My guess is it's most likely a response to the Hunter Dickinson signing as opposed to any developments with Mgbako.  At best he was set to be Kansas's fourth big in the pecking order behind Dickson, KJ Adams, and Ernest Udeh.  

30 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Just that he is setting up visits for next week which was known that he wouldn’t until finals were over. No list yet. 

Just out of curiosity, how do you know that it's just setting up visits for next week and not a decision? Trilly's response, as well as the question, was vague. 

1 hour ago, Ngw7183 said:

11th but they don’t have to have anything locked up by then. Just entered. This is going to go on for a good bit longer 

Hmm, I did know that entering it had a end date, but is there an official "end" when you have to clear out for the next academic year? Or is that dependent on when the schools allow enrollment? 

21 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

16 have entered the portal in the last three hours.  Gonna have to sift through to see how good they are.

Jaylin Sellers from Ball State entered.  6’4” shooting guard, three years eligibility left.  13.5 ppg, 37 rpg.  Excellent three point shooter.  Shot 45% over two seasons (78 of 174).

Give this kid a contract!  He's the next Dennis Rodman.

Kidding aside, you are right.  Sellers is an excellent three-point shooter.  He has surprising hops as well.

8 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

In what world was the Big East the best conference? Just because UConn won? Even though half the conference was terrible?

3 sweet 16 teams and 2 elite 8 teams

13 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

3 sweet 16 teams and 2 elite 8 teams

Uhh... Cool? I guess? How about the rest of the season? Big 12 was by far and away the best conference and it wasn't that close. SEC probably behind them. Big East probably 3rd with the Big Ten behind that.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Uhh... Cool? I guess? How about the rest of the season? Big 12 was by far and away the best conference and it wasn't that close. SEC probably behind them. Big East probably 3rd with the Big Ten behind that.

Will be interesting in 2024 as the Big 12 looks quite different:

• Baylor
  • BYU
  • Cincinnati
  • Houston
  • Iowa State
  • Kansas
  • Kansas State
  • Oklahoma State
  • TCU
  • Texas Tech
  • UCF
  • West Virginia

26 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Will be interesting in 2024 as the Big 12 looks quite different:

• Baylor
  • BYU
  • Cincinnati
  • Houston
  • Iowa State
  • Kansas
  • Kansas State
  • Oklahoma State
  • TCU
  • Texas Tech
  • UCF
  • West Virginia

Doesn't the Big 12 get a season of Texas and Oklahoma with Houston, Cincy and UCF? I thought they were joining as of June or July 1st of 2023.