Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I guess technically he wouldn't fall on the early entry deadline of April 23rd for entry into the NBA draft since he's already played four years.  Still thinking it's just Trilly Donovan fooling around.

Probably, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he left Michigan 

36 minutes ago, str8baller said:

It’ll be hilarious to see both sides backtrack if he decommits and goes to IU. Michigan fans will have always knew he was a headcase and IU fans will know that he was always coached wrong and Woody is the key to his success.   

I mean I wanted him anyways... Always felt Woodson could have helped him the most with what he's done for Xavier Johnson.

1 hour ago, str8baller said:

It’ll be hilarious to see both sides backtrack if he decommits and goes to IU. Michigan fans will have always knew he was a headcase and IU fans will know that he was always coached wrong and Woody is the key to his success.   

Both could be true.

35 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I mean I wanted him anyways... Always felt Woodson could have helped him the most with what he's done for Xavier Johnson.

From a strictly talent standpoint.....he's a plus defender.  Question is on if offensively he can be under control.  I do think the worst situation he can go to is Michigan where Howard doesn't really have a system that looks for great shots.  My prediction would be for him to shoot about 40% overall and 32% from three this upcoming year under normal conditions.  Those are livable shooting rates if he distributes well and plays the defense that he seems capable of playing.  If he's at Michigan, though?  Think he is given too much wiggle room and he takes too many shots and I'd predict under 40/32.

16 have entered the portal in the last three hours.  Gonna have to sift through to see how good they are.

Jaylin Sellers from Ball State entered.  6’4” shooting guard, three years eligibility left.  13.5 ppg, 37 rpg.  Excellent three point shooter.  Shot 45% over two seasons (78 of 174).

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I sort of landed in the opposite spot, but don’t feel real strongly about it. He’s talented. When you take a player like that you’re betting on yourself as a coach to be able correct the bad and highlight the talent. Whom am I to say if Woody, or Howard, can do that here? 

17 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I sort of landed in the opposite spot, but don’t feel real strongly about it. He’s talented. When you take a player like that you’re betting on yourself as a coach to be able correct the bad and highlight the talent. Whom am I to say if Woody, or Howard, can do that here? 

I agree with everything above. But I am certain Howard can’t do it. 

7 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Seems extra painful to lose a player to the portal late in the game

For Ball State and Michael Lewis, a loss this late for a player like Jaylin Sellers is tough to deal with.  He'll likely be a role player if he goes to a P5 school, spot shooter getting some minutes.  At Ball State, he's a starter and would likely have been their leading or second leading scorer.

9 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

I think you will see others say IU is the leader soon. Yes, that is a hunch but fair amount of connections for us.

Good find on Tate but he also thinks they lead for every guy they are interested in. Slick Rick is not doing well at landing the better guys.  Will see if he can start to change that. I think he might be regretting clearing house. He also made a comment that this is the hardest he has had to ever work. 

I also think you will see knew names tied to us from NBA in a few more days as withdraw dates nears and some of these guys don’t have a home or want to go back. 

I don't know anything about Tate Frazier, but know that if every player that had been a true St. John's lean whenever a media guy said they were, they'd have a hell of a team.  Doesn't seem to be happening right now.