Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

On 4/4/2023 at 9:34 PM, RaceToTheTop said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned earlier:

Tylor Perry, North Texas , 5'11" guard.  17.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 2.1 apg.  44/41/87 shooter.  If you've seen North Texas play, averaging 17 ppg is like averaging 20+ other places because of how slow their pace is.  Would not be surprised to see him follow his coach to Texas Tech.  

1 hour ago, Ngw7183 said:

No disrespect, truly. While at a concept level I think you get it, I think you are missing nuance. You said is it worth the investment. It is not their money at all and they wouldn’t have it without the player. Again, the best NIL deals have zero to do with the university and to do with how marketable the athlete is. 
don’t overlook the top NIL earner being a female gymnast and not paid form any collective, donor etc. that is so important as we move forward. 

The scenario regarding the female gymnast is legitimately how NIL should work. She is legitimately repping big brands in commercials, magazines, social media etc. Her deals are all real based on her image 

the men’s big sports like basketball and football big money is almost entirely fake, money being handed to them for doing nothing in most cases

I think Dickinson makes a decent amount of money from his shirt line (Big Dickinson Energy) -- enough that where he ends probably becomes a small factor.  A team that translates nationally = greater shirt sales.  Kentucky and Kansas would fit that bill, not sure Maryland does.

6 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Continuing to tell really smart posters what they don't understand - when they pretty clearly do understand - is confusing and a bit irritating.

+1

Some listen or read with the intent to respond.  Not with the intent to understand.

2 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I think Dickinson makes a decent amount of money from his shirt line (Big Dickinson Energy) -- enough that where he ends probably becomes a small factor.  A team that translates nationally = greater shirt sales.  Kentucky and Kansas would fit that bill, not sure Maryland does.

I would guess ad space on his Barstool (?) podcast brings in some decent cash too.

8 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

This is interesting.  Does seem to be a guy very connected with Kentucky hoops.

The hilarious part is acting as if UK has scruples. They not only guarantee money, they find ways to provide benefits outside the scope of NIL to entice players to commit or remain at the school. 

So we want Kansas for Dickinson here right? Because that would take a huge chunk of NIL money away and bring in another guy who will be putting up a ton of shots? Also so we don’t have to play him lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

So we want Kansas for Dickinson here right? Because that would take a huge chunk of NIL money away and bring in another guy who will be putting up a ton of shots? Also so we don’t have to play him lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Psst...we play Kansas at home next season. 

Whether it's Kansas or Maryland, I fully expect him to come in and drop another 20+ on us. It's why I wouldn't be upset if he picked UK. We couldn't handle him in either game last season.