Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

27 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I’m thinking Dickerson goes to UK so it won’t really matter if Kansas can get Mackenzie they will. 

Even if Dickinson goes to UK, there is still a question if Jaylon Tyson is going to commit to Kansas.  He's pretty good -- 6'6" small forward, played at Texas the year before, averaged 10.7 points and 6.1 rebounds, 40% three point shooter and was ranked 36th out of high school.  And they already have a couple of talented small forwards and power forwards -- Kevin McCullar is a small forward testing the NBA draft but he's listed as a late second round in most mocks.  Put up 11 points and 7 rebounds for Kansas last year.  And at power forward, K.J. Adams averaged 10+ and will be returning as well.  Their biggest need really is at center.  They could move Adams to center, but that's not ideal as he's undersized.

Ultimately, if I were building Kansas's team I would want to get either Tyson or Mackenzie but not both.  If I were to make room for both, I'd prefer that last spot be taken up by a post player.  

1 hour ago, Demo said:

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-basketball-transfer-portal-quick-thoughts-basketball-recruiting-hunter-dickinson--209202850/#209202850_1

Thoughts of varying degrees of interest on the 247 top 100 transfer list. Absolutely agree on Ware.

The one I disagree with is Arterio Morris being a 'gamble for Bill Self and Morris should be all-defensive Big 12'.  The gamble IMO is by Morris who firmly planted himself behind both Dajuan Harris and Nicolas Timberlake in Kansas' backcourt and even potentially behind a couple of freshman guards they have coming in.  At best, Morris is an interesting third guard in a talented backcourt.  Think Morris had so many better options to transfer to and be a potential star.

Conner Vanover in the portal.  Oral Roberts 7'5" center, started his college career at California before moving on to Arkansas and then Oral Roberts.  One year of eligibility left.  Last year averaged 12.7 points  and 7.2 rebounds. Has some perimeter shooting skills, 32% for his career and is an excellent free throw shooter.  3.2 blocks/game last year.  Was an okay player the three years he was in power conferences.

D.J. Rodman -- Dennis Rodman's son -- enters the portal.  6'6" forward at Washington State.  Averaged 9.6 points and 5.8 rebounds in 31 minutes/game.  Shot 41% from the field including 38% from three (51 of 134). 

19 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Conner Vanover in the portal.  Oral Roberts 7'5" center, started his college career at California before moving on to Arkansas and then Oral Roberts.  One year of eligibility left.  Last year averaged 12.7 points  and 7.2 rebounds. Has some perimeter shooting skills, 32% for his career and is an excellent free throw shooter.  3.2 blocks/game last year.  Was an okay player the three years he was in power conferences.

D.J. Rodman -- Dennis Rodman's son -- enters the portal.  6'6" forward at Washington State.  Averaged 9.6 points and 5.8 rebounds in 31 minutes/game.  Shot 41% from the field including 38% from three (51 of 134). 

DJ definitely didn’t learn his shooting from Dad!

6 minutes ago, Hoosier Roots said:

YEAHYUH let’s throw everything we have at this kid 

6B575063-2A87-43BC-9D9A-08C93D52CF10.png

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Maryland apparently offering Dickinson $2 mill in NIL

Do these schools have that much?  Wow!  Also, wouldn’t he want to get out of the rough and tumble B10?

13 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Saw KU was offering $4 mill, but it seems like these numbers are just being thrown out there

Oscar was reported early to be 2 mil+ but later word suggested he ended up getting 3-4 mil.  

Lots of schools have access to lots of money.  Those that want to win find a way.  I’m not surprised to hear Maryland going all out.  Willard/Maryland NIL game seems pretty strong.  Is that recycled UA money?  Or other big perks?