Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

45 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

So do I. The program got noticeably slower and less athletic in the Archie years. Good to see it's being addressed. 

I just know the last few years watching the SEC and big 12 and the type of Ayers in those conferences. I then look at IU and the big ten and it is totally different game. I see those teams having long athletic wings and forward and don't see much of that here.  We seem to be getting better in that category with Ware,Walker,Banks,Gunn and Newton. If we can get Mgbako that would get us to the point that we can compete athletically with those teams.

Max Abmas to Texas. Really good pickup for them.

Edit: I guess this happened a couple of days ago but I missed it then. I wonder if has anything to do with Holland decommitting. They play different positions but I wonder if Holland thought he wouldn't get as many shots as he wants.

Quick question, Tyger Cambell isn't in portal is he? I just heard a huge rumor that he is and IU is the front runner. My daughter's bf just told me.

Neither he or I have any idea if this is true or not, but if true, I like it.

Guess we will see. Until I see his announcement, I will be dubious, so I'm just trying to find out for sure if he is in portal or not

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Quick question, Tyger Cambell isn't in portal is he? I just heard a huge rumor that he is and IU is the front runner. My daughter's bf just told me.

Neither he or I have no idea if this true or not, but if true, I like it.

Guess we will see. Until I see his announcement, I will be dubious, so I'm not trying to find out for sure if he is in portal or not

Declared for the draft and I’ve heard credible rumors he’ll transfer for weeks. Good college player but not an impact pro. I’d heard him linked to Illinois but I don’t think he’s even in the portal yet

5 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Neither he or I have no idea if this true or not, but if true, I like it.

Guess we will see. Until I see his announcement, I will be dubious, so I'm not trying to find out for sure if he is in portal or not

He entered the draft and it sounded pretty definite when he did. Something about having graduated and moving on to the next step.

10 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Max Abmas to Texas. Really good pickup for them.

Edit: I guess this happened a couple of days ago but I missed it then. I wonder if has anything to do with Holland decommitting. They play different positions but I wonder if Holland thought he wouldn't get as many shots as he wants.

I believe Holland decommiting has more to do with Disu coming back. Just my guess.

22 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Neither he or I have any idea if this is true or not, but if true, I like it.

Guess we will see. Until I see his announcement, I will be dubious, so I'm just trying to find out for sure if he is in portal or not

Why would he want to come to a team who has a starting point guard ?

Declared for the draft and I’ve heard credible rumors he’ll transfer for weeks. Good college player but not an impact pro. I’d heard him linked to Illinois but I don’t think he’s even in the portal yet
That is what I thought but wasn't sure. My daughter's bf is an Illinois fan(yeah, I know. That is his only negative I've found, though) and he said Illinois is not a favorite now. Again, he didn't know if that was an absolute truth. Just passing on what I heard.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Just start 2 PGs

That was sort of the plan last year, XJ and JHS, but that didn’t happen of course.  Maybe CMW wants to try it again!

By the way, whatever happened to the Arkansas player that testing the NBA waters but may put his name in the portal?  Any news?

6 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

That was sort of the plan last year, XJ and JHS, but that didn’t happen of course.  Maybe CMW wants to try it again!

By the way, whatever happened to the Arkansas player that testing the NBA waters but may put his name in the portal?  Any news?

JHS was not a PG!

1 hour ago, Ryno6284 said:

Didn't mean he couldn't play one.  He wasn't slotted as one when recruited!  He was a bucket getter!

He was recruited to IU as a pg.    I posted an interview with him before his commitment and where  he wanted to play in college was Pg.    IU recruiting as a pg was a big plus for why he chose iu