Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

This isn't to be rude, but what else would he be? 

I also don't feel comfortable with only having--- Sparks, MR, and KW that are true big guys. I do think Banks can play some 4, but we needed another guy. 

All good. Just trying to make sense of it in my own head. 

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Why doesn't it make sense? We literally need a depth piece at the 4/5 spot. 

I like it more than DeLoach, who I like as a player but doesn’t fit IU’s roster very well. He can also credibly guard on the wing. The shot hasn’t been good but if he’d hit ~3 more 3s per year he’d be a ~30% shooter and suddenly he looks like a decent option at the 3.

36 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

This post is not panicky enough and has undertones of positivity and player development. I’m afraid you’re in the wrong thread.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The irrational panic will come if Anthony Walker chooses another school (because he sees more potential for 30 mpg somewhere else).

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Why doesn't it make sense? We literally need a depth piece at the 4/5 spot. 

Exactly correct. An experienced, well-coached, low usage kid who understands his role as a depth piece for a year would be a really useful get. 

3 minutes ago, lillurk said:

I like it more than DeLoach, who I like as a player but doesn’t fit IU’s roster very well. He can also credibly guard on the wing. The shot hasn’t been good but if he’d hit ~3 more 3s per year he’d be a ~30% shooter and suddenly he looks like a decent option at the 3.

Oh I don't think he's a 3 at all, but I do think you're right that he has some switchability defensively, no doubt. 

13 minutes ago, Demo said:

Exactly correct. An experienced, well-coached, low usage kid who understands his role as a depth piece for a year would be a really useful get. 

Yes, and he even offers a couple of skills that the rest of the guys at the 4/5 spots don't. 

Ability to break you down off the dribble and better perimeter defending. I like this a lot if we can get him to commit. 

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He averaged 2.8 ppg on a Miami team that was thin in the frontcourt… We need impact guards and wings. He’s neither of those things. Very odd recruiting direction. 

Totally agree, don’t understand this?  Someone help me understand.

1 minute ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

Totally agree, don’t understand this?  Someone help me understand.

All the reasons are listed above. I don't think he would get any more than 10mpg here, so I'm not sure why that would matter. We were always going to add another 4/5. 

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

All the reasons are listed above. I don't think he would get any more than 10mpg here, so I'm not sure why that would matter. We were always going to add another 4/5. 

Wellllll, Reneau's love affair with the personal foul might have something to say about that! 

I agree with your over-arching point though, he appears to fill a hole in the roster. Most people want the gaping holes on the wing filled first (me included) but that doesn't mean this one isn't still needed. 

From Dailyhoosier.com twitter article 

For his career Walker has averaged 15 minutes per game and 13.1 points, 6.6 rebounds and 1.3 blocks per 40.

Walker is a career 42 percent shooter overall, including 51 percent from two and 21 percent from three.  He shoots 66 percent from the free throw line.