Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

I recommend the latest Moving Screen pod here, where Dylan and Brendan run down the off-seasons of every B1G team so far.

Both are good analysts and B1G ball knowers. I don’t agree with them about everything, not least of which everything IU, but it’s nice to get out of the IU-centric filter sometimes and get outsiders’ or non-fan’s perspectives.

Their tl;dr take on IU at the moment: first two adds are good, both frosh are interesting, the nucleus is a good start. They think IU needs at least a 3-and-D wing, perhaps ideally a guy with more shot creation/volume than that, but there’s some optimism that will happen.

There’s also some good discussion near the top about the fact that some fringe draft players will get feedback and opt to return to college, and either they’ll transfer OR their returns will cause domino transfers.

https://twitter.com/movingscreenpod/status/1650829816197783552?s=20

31 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I read that as of April 11, 27% of all scholarship players had hit the portal and that every conference had at least 15% in the portal.

I’m all for player autonomy but I’d be curious if those figures give pause to any decision makers around college bball.

Only a two freshman class for IU this year but it’s personally going to make it hard for me to get too excited about a freshman class again knowing they could transfer within a season or two if they don’t find their playing time to their liking

Although with the chatter around The Movement maybe that’s a good thing for me not buy into any hype

11 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Myron Gardner wasn't a player I had looked at but he seems like a fit at the 3.

Looks like he's transferred a couple times already, started college at Georgetown.  I watched the clip of him that link had, some of his shots had almost no elevation.

EDIT: okay, he went went from Gtown to a JUCO then to Little Rock.

47 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Looks like he's transferred a couple times already, started college at Georgetown.  I watched the clip of him that link had, some of his shots had almost no elevation.

EDIT: okay, he went went from Gtown to a JUCO then to Little Rock.

I dug a little deeper after seeing that that he had played 8 games at Georgetown and getting about 10 minutes per game.  Looked bigger than just mop up minutes.  Found out he was in their rotation as a freshman but played his last game on December 7th.  But it wasn't injury that ended his time there........looks like it was legal issues.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28291368/galen-alexander-myron-gardner-transfer-georgetown

On 3/30/2023 at 8:08 PM, RaceToTheTop said:

Wisconsin's Jordan Davis in the portal.  I half expected he was going to be the typical Wisconsin player who played spot minutes for a couple of years and then exploded....didn't happen.

Off to Illinois State

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Rabjohns tweeting about Sheridan Sharp of Ben Davis reopening his commitment has me all sorts of nervous…..

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Why? Bring me up to date please.

2 hours ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

He reports any indiana hs recruitment. Even when they transfer out of their old schools. Its nothing. 

Why would this make anyone nervous or be "nothing"?

17 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

You are forgetting X

Yes, although Xavier has not been granted another year yet so it is premature to factor him in. Even assuming Xavier returns, there has been a huge loss in perimeter shooting for a team in which 3-point shooting was not a strength..