Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

14 hours ago, Gnet550 said:

Newton will depend on health…Cupps I think absolutely will…not downgrading Braden Smith but if he can impact as a freshman Cupps certainly can….maybe outside of strength I think Cupps is better at all facets of the game

Cupps is as athletic RIGHT NOW as Smith - without the benefit of summer workouts at IU. IMO he’ll be better than Smith, but maybe because of IU’s situation not have the same numbers/minutes.

3 hours ago, Honkyman said:

Galloway hit 46.2% of his shots from 3-point range (30 for 65) which was first on the team percentage-wise. He clearly has improved his outside shooting. But he was 4th on the team in 3-point attempts. Arguably he should be taking more shots from deep. But he is the ultimate team player and maybe he was looking more to get the ball inside to TJD or set up JHS than shoot. With Kopp, JHS and Tamar Bates gone--all of whom shot more from the perimeter than he did, maybe it is time for Galloway to step up and shoot more from behind the 3-point line.

46% but 4th in attempts. I wish those numbers were broken down between catch and shoot and off the dribble 3’s.

I’d wager a decent amount of money on two things: 1) the majority of his attempts were catch and shoot 3’s, and 2) his % on off the dribble 3’s would be quite a bit lower.   

I’d love to get him into a spot where he’s getting 4-6 spot up 3’s a game. As long as he continues to be a secondary ballhandler, it will keep his attempts down a little unless he gets better in the off-season at pulling up off the dribble. 

4 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

I don’t think they ideally want a player with 2 years left. Look at who the main 2 guys they just want after. Some missed options may have them open up more to guys with more eligibility left. It is a balancing act of not just talent someone brings but balancing classes and keeping open spots for guys this staff have been on for a few years now. 

I know it is not ironclad and others may not care but if you happen to see any ineresting instagram follows with this one it would be an indication of our interest at a mimimum  

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

C. J. Frederick to Cincinnati

One other note on Frederick....he had stated that that he was considering a few options before ultimately choosing the portal:

1.  looking at pro options (not talking about NBA, just options)

2.  returning to Kentucky

3.  transfer portal

4.  quitting basketball altogether and getting on with his life.

I'm not sure that the injuries he has had the past two years are behind him yet, which is why he considered 4.  

6 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

May I ask why?

Doesn't seem like a fit. Seems like he can get to the rim but clearly not a shooter. Honestly plays a bit like Troy Williams without the explosiveness. Not that he couldn't end up being better, but we need shooters and we already have two wings that are projects in Gunn and Banks. 

6 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

I could get on board with this.  Shooting has improved each year and would have 2 years left.

Liked watching this kid when they played at Kentucky. Scored 21 that game and was super aggressive off the bounce. Shot 36% from 3 on 2.8 attempts. Had shot 20.4% from 3 the year before.

36 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

He's a kid I wanted to don the candy stripes.  Illinois had recruited him out of high school and also had recruited when he transferred from Syracuse to Oregon.  Makes me wonder if Coleman Hawkins will stay in the NBA draft.  He's been projected in the middle of the second round in mocks.

51 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Doesn't seem like a fit. Seems like he can get to the rim but clearly not a shooter. Honestly plays a bit like Troy Williams without the explosiveness. Not that he couldn't end up being better, but we need shooters and we already have two wings that are projects in Gunn and Banks. 

IMO, he makes more sense than a guy we lost that we were recruiting hard in Andrew Ledlum.  I think White has a better chance of being an outside threat than Ledlum does -- after three years, Ledlum's has shown he's a 30% perimeter shooter.  White only shot 27% from deep last year but I think that's too limited of a sample space to and he shot well enough from deep in high school to warrant a belief that he'll be better than that.  27th rated prospect on On3 right now and 6th highest remaining uncommitted portal player.