Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

15 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Totally... How in the world did we win the Big Ten in 2016 with 6-3 Robert Johnson at the 3, in 2013 with 6-4 Victor Oladipo at the 3, in 2002 with 6-4 Dane Fife at the 3... HOW? HOW COULD IT BE DONE!?!?

RJ never played the 3. But I always prefer a 3 guard lineup. 

OG, Troy, Hartman, and NZ some were the 3s on that team. 

Vic was also B1GDPOY and a Top 5 NBA draft pick. 

8 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Just as a moment of levity, is anyone transferring not looking for an expanded role?

Cormac Ryan, Dalton Knecht, Ledlum, and Timerberlake... all imo, could be aruged as willing to take a role that isn't expanded from the one they were leaving. 

Collins and Fredrick from Kensucky enter the transfer portal.  There will be more players entering the transfer portal soon too!
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/36254452/kentucky-cj-fredrick-daimion-collins-enter-transfer-portal

And they too probably won't go to Indiana

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, tortex28 said:

And they too probably won't go to Indiana

Collins is a 6'9" power forward so Indiana is definitely out. Frederick started out at Iowa where he shot 46% from 3-point range as a freshman but has been hobbled by injuries at Kentucky. 

9 minutes ago, Rico said:

Trust Woody and the staff.

There were people that trusted Crean right up to the end.  People trusted Miller and some of the assistants are the same. I'm not a fan of blind trust.

Getting Ware and Sparks, good. Whiffing on a player they made a priority and another player we have a need for (didn't even get a visit) to a program with a scholarship crunch, bad.

6 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Collins is a 6'9" power forward so Indiana is definitely out. Frederick started out at Iowa where he shot 46% from 3-point range as a freshman but has been hobbled by injuries at Kentucky. 

Collins’ father and grandfather both passed away in the last seven months.  He is looking to transferring to being closed to home as he has had a very mentally tough period (he’s from Texas).

2 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

There were people that trusted Crean right up to the end.  People trusted Miller and some of the assistants are the same. I'm not a fan of blind trust.

Getting Ware and Sparks, good. Whiffing on a player they made a priority and another player we have a need for (didn't even get a visit) to a program with a scholarship crunch, bad.

You do what works for you and I will go on doing what works for me.  BTW, I trusted Knight.  And for the most part that worked out.

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

IU currently has the #6 transfer class including the #2 overall player in the portal. They have 3 open spots and there will be options to get those filled. I have my issues with this staffs recruiting at times but comparing it to Crean and Archie is an overreaction. 

I would disagree they seem unable to recruit all roles. Something Crean and Archie both struggled with. Basketball is guard dominated. We aren’t going to win much with a really good frontcourt 

Got this quote from an article about Cleveland entering the portal.

“Guys like Cleveland are often lured into the portal by promises or interest given from coaches at other schools, with potential of how much NIL money may be involved. How it works isn’t technically illegal, but a coach can always be recruiting other players and talk to a Grassroots coach or even a close relative and basically say “if Player A would get into the transfer portal we would take him and if he came here our collective might be able to pay around X.”

15 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

IU currently has the #6 transfer class including the #2 overall player in the portal. They have 3 open spots and there will be options to get those filled. I have my issues with this staffs recruiting at times but comparing it to Crean and Archie is an overreaction. 

We can put a balanced team on the floor right now. Nothing like the last two coaches yet.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

RJ never played the 3. But I always prefer a 3 guard lineup. 

OG, Troy, Hartman, and NZ some were the 3s on that team. 

Vic was also B1GDPOY and a Top 5 NBA draft pick. 

Except RJ did play the 3 for us. Not always, but he did. He actually started at the 3 to begin the 15-16 season before JBJ got hurt. After that he played the 3 anytime it was him, Yogi and Zeisloft on the floor.