Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don't think we see anyone who is going to help us who is in the portal right now but what do I know? We might be whispering in some kid's ear about how much we want him at IU and he's not telling anyone about it. 

I just find it little strange that things are so quiet in regards to the coaching staff's interests, etc. I'm sure the name of the game is to be stealthy about it. JMO

I glad this site is not devolving to what is being said on Twitter. CJ Fredrick is the portal and the twits on Twitter are groveling over the staff going after him, prioritize him. Omg no, I'm work with a ton of pUKe fans and they couldn't stand it when he played. 6ppg, 31.8% from 3 last year. Didn't play defense and stood in the corner waiting for a pass. Please no!

17 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

That football money does wonders for those programs and don’t think many see it or understand 

Their sports programs across the board are just more supported than ours are. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Two players. Both played the 2/3 on a Power 5 team last year. Both young and similar size. Similar defensive ability. Who do y'all like?

Player A:

GP    MIN    FG%    3P%    FT%    REB    AST    BLK    STL    PF    TO        PTS
32    33.3    42.6    37.8    80.0    4.0      2.9      0.1      1.0     1.5    2.0       11.6

Player B:

GP    MIN    FG%    3P%    FT%    REB    AST    BLK    STL    PF    TO    PTS
35    28.9    36.7     32.6    79.4    1.7     2.4      0.1      0.6    1.4    1.2    11.0

A, did I win?

13 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

I glad this site is not devolving to what is being said on Twitter. CJ Fredrick is the portal and the twits on Twitter are groveling over the staff going after him, prioritize him. Omg no, I'm work with a ton of pUKe fans and they couldn't stand it when he played. 6ppg, 31.8% from 3 last year. Didn't play defense and stood in the corner waiting for a pass. Please no!

So your saying he could fill Kopp's role? I kid I kid

10 minutes ago, normandale97 said:

That may be the case but I was told directly that money isn’t the issue and we aren’t losing out on these portal recruits because of money. 

Money has many reaches though. More money = better facilities, as well. Not just "here's 200K, come play for us"

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Two players. Both played the 2/3 on a Power 5 team last year. Both young and similar size. Similar defensive ability. Who do y'all like?

Player A:

GP    MIN    FG%    3P%    FT%    REB    AST    BLK    STL    PF    TO        PTS
32    33.3    42.6    37.8    80.0    4.0      2.9      0.1      1.0     1.5    2.0       11.6

Player B:

GP    MIN    FG%    3P%    FT%    REB    AST    BLK    STL    PF    TO    PTS
35    28.9    36.7     32.6    79.4    1.7     2.4      0.1      0.6    1.4    1.2    11.0

44 minutes ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

Definitely A

19 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

A, did I win?

A:Butler basketball: Simas Lukosius' 3-pointer in the closing seconds makes  the difference

B:  image.png

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I think there is some hope that a couple of guards will enter the portal but not sure what the plan is if they don't. It's a weird strategy that's for sure.

So safe to assume that the biggest and best weekend to have recruits on campus we will have zero recruits on campus? 

1 minute ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

So safe to assume that the biggest and best weekend to have recruits on campus we will have zero recruits on campus? 

I don't think we even have coaches on campus besides the one in a wheelchair. Since there is an AAU tournament all coaches are on the road. Raining all day here and 50, plus cloudy and 50 again tomorrow. Not a great weekend

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

More twits than pUKe, Kansas, and UNC? Fourth most social media followers among CBB programs. That should help us land top tier transfers.

image.thumb.png.30c1f66b9b6341cf03b8c24d6368ed15.png

I have seen a bunch of twits on this site and others the last two days

6 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I don't think Little 5 is the best time to host recruits. 

9 hours ago, realTomCrean said:

Banks could be deterring joe’s such as Ledlum from IU. No promised starting role, as Banks progression and talent could be a deterrent to a transfer wanting promises and a clear path. My 2 cents

Honestly, doubt that.  Tennessee has a lot of talent.  It's not like they don't have Banks like players as well.

2 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

Tyson and Reynolds don't look like they'd be bad options from the little bit I saw of them.  We have to get more from the portal than just the 2 bigs.

Seems like they were really counting on Ledlum and couldn't seal the deal, that's a bit concerning since he was clearly a priority.

Tyson is such a strange case.  Highly ranked recruit.  Only got mop up minutes his freshman year at Texas.  Transferred to Texas Tech, had a decent year....and now transferring again.  This will be his third team in three years so he would need to get a waiver from the NCAA, I believe.  But he's talented.

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

Tyson is such a strange case.  Highly ranked recruit.  Only got mop up minutes his freshman year at Texas.  Transferred to Texas Tech, had a decent year....and now transferring again.  This will be his third team in three years so he would need to get a waiver from the NCAA, I believe.  But he's talented.

Transferring like that could be a red flag too so a staff would have to do their homework.