Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Two players. Both played the 2/3 on a Power 5 team last year. Both young and similar size. Similar defensive ability. Who do y'all like?

Player A:

GP    MIN    FG%    3P%    FT%    REB    AST    BLK    STL    PF    TO        PTS
32    33.3    42.6    37.8    80.0    4.0      2.9      0.1      1.0     1.5    2.0       11.6

Player B:

GP    MIN    FG%    3P%    FT%    REB    AST    BLK    STL    PF    TO    PTS
35    28.9    36.7     32.6    79.4    1.7     2.4      0.1      0.6    1.4    1.2    11.0

neither.  Simas is player A.  Im not sure who player B is but Moneyball doesn't like him.  I'm being hard on Simas because I want better.  He isn't a bad player and the Miller Kopp comp is probably about right with more guard skills.  I could warm up to Simas but I also hold that we should be aiming and getting better talent.  

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Kinda interesting.   

There have been 1,499 players enter the portal since the season tipped off on November 7th.  52 of those have withdrawn from the portal while 404 others have made a commitment - leaving 1,043 players still available in the portal.

I'm thinking that one of those "DNA" guys would be sweeeeet.

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That's how it feels which is an interesting approach.  Somewhat makes me confident that something will pop soon.  

Because we're not going into next season with ten scholarship players. 

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That's how it feels which is an interesting approach.  Somewhat makes me confident that something will pop soon.  

I think there is some hope that a couple of guards will enter the portal but not sure what the plan is if they don't. It's a weird strategy that's for sure.

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Just because things aren't being leaked to the public doesn't mean they aren't recruiting anyone. To me it is better if it is quiet because when rumors swirls usually nothing happens.

6 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Just because things aren't being leaked to the public doesn't mean they aren't recruiting anyone. To me it is better if it is quiet because when rumors swirls usually nothing happens.

^^This^^

Just because Rabjohns and Hoosier Hysteric Eric aren't getting any tidbits does not mean we aren't actively pursuing.

8 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

Serious question - what does IU have to offer that is more than UNC, Kansas, Tenn.? They want these guys just as bad. UNC finally got their first today. Kansas just got their first. 

I truly don’t understand how people are coming to this conclusion that we should be able to just get anyone we want to talk to us when they have options like that and even those schools are by all accounts “struggling” worse than we are in the portal. 

More twits than pUKe, Kansas, and UNC? Fourth most social media followers among CBB programs. That should help us land top tier transfers.

image.thumb.png.30c1f66b9b6341cf03b8c24d6368ed15.png

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That's a low Instagram follower total. Good lord our fanbase must be old lol

I'm 32 and have never had an Instagram acct lol Don't just put that on the old dudes. 

Also... these graphs from the last two days, that have come out, have just forced me to hate Duke. 4 million followers on this crap? BANDWAGON. I would bet half their "fans" haven't been to the state of NC. 

31 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I honestly don't think we are recruiting anyone in the portal at this time

At this time and hoping or anticipating for what they want before the portal deadline....

Also, I wouldn't want IU to pick up someone that they really didn't have a big interest in from the beginning. I just feel that's settling and I don't think Woody wants any part of that.

Just now, Ngw7183 said:

Ok, more reasonable. Let me keep working on you haha

It does talk. Our advantages are the following. Our staff (players love Woody, NBA etc), NIL, playing time. BUT… that is it. The lore of old IU doesn’t work. The lack of facilities, Big 10, play style etc are all challenges. There are many schools (more than many want to admit) that have all that. Like Tenn., Alabama, Ark., So IU has to beat out UNC, Kansas, etc. and then all those guys too. It is a tall task.

So, considering we have 2 very solid pickups when many have 1 to none. The staff is killing it honestly. But they are also shooting for the fences and only going after the guys everyone wants. There is time to settle later. 1200 guys with more coming in daily and plenty of very talented guys left. 

I can't see any sort of advantage Indiana would have over Ark/Tenn in recruiting. Bama, maybe. 

3 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

At this time and hoping or anticipating for what they want before the portal deadline....

Also, I wouldn't want IU to pick up someone that they really didn't have a big interest in from the beginning. I just feel that's settling and I don't think Woody wants any part of that.

I don't think we see anyone who is going to help us who is in the portal right now but what do I know? We might be whispering in some kid's ear about how much we want him at IU and he's not telling anyone about it. 

59 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Two players. Both played the 2/3 on a Power 5 team last year. Both young and similar size. Similar defensive ability. Who do y'all like?

Player A:

GP    MIN    FG%    3P%    FT%    REB    AST    BLK    STL    PF    TO        PTS
32    33.3    42.6    37.8    80.0    4.0      2.9      0.1      1.0     1.5    2.0       11.6

Player B:

GP    MIN    FG%    3P%    FT%    REB    AST    BLK    STL    PF    TO    PTS
35    28.9    36.7     32.6    79.4    1.7     2.4      0.1      0.6    1.4    1.2    11.0

Definitely A

Adam Howard now following Texas 'Draft declarant but retaining college eligibility' SF Dillon Mitchell. Currently projected as an NBA second rounder if he stays in.

JHS and Malik's close buddy. Texas only has one scholly kid returning at this point.

Like Devo Davis, this bears watching to see if they enter the portal while getting NBA feedback.