Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 minute ago, Ngw7183 said:

Sure, but, he also changed last second. So it for sure flipped today at the visit.

it should IU was leading and every person who seemed to know anything said fhat

it also showed St J - very little if any interest 

then a few who follow this see him start adding Tenn players this afternoon. He was flipped then.

The got him over and would love to know how and not this narrative Rabby J is selling. 

Show me the moneyyyyyyyyyyyy.  :) 

Moving on.

I know I'm beating it to death, but....Quincy Guerrier from Oregon.  6'8"....big wing.  Probably a more natural 3 than Ledlum was (not saying he's a better player than Ledlum, but he's more of an above rim player than Ledlum.  He won't be a blow-by-you player, but moves well enough and defensively has the length to recover.  Will play through contact.  Solid build.

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

Moving on.

I know I'm beating it to death, but....Quincy Guerrier from Oregon.  6'8"....big wing.  Probably a more natural 3 than Ledlum was (not saying he's a better player than Ledlum, but he's more of an above rim player than Ledlum.  He won't be a blow-by-you player, but moves well enough and defensively has the length to recover.  Will play through contact.  Solid build.

Wonder if Ware could go to work for us here... like the tape!

1 minute ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Wonder if Ware could go to work for us here... like the tape!

I know that every player looks good in the highlight tape -- everyone shoots 100% in them.  So I try to look more at moveset, how the player responds to contact, their shooting form.  His moveset is okay but on the interior looks solid;  looks like he most definitely likes to play through contact.  His shooting form looks really good.

I expect he would be a 10 and 5 type of player but does have a ceiling higher than that -- he's put up a 14 and 8 average in the ACC already.  I am all in on buying that Altman is losing his touch and that he isn't getting the maximum out of his talent -- part of the reason I am expecting big things from Ware.

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I know that every player looks good in the highlight tape -- everyone shoots 100% in them.  So I try to look more at moveset, how the player responds to contact, their shooting form.  His moveset is okay but on the interior looks solid;  looks like he most definitely likes to play through contact.  His shooting form looks really good.

I expect he would be a 10 and 5 type of player but does have a ceiling higher than that -- he's put up a 14 and 8 average in the ACC already.  I am all in on buying that Altman is losing his touch and that he isn't getting the maximum out of his talent -- part of the reason I am expecting big things from Ware.

Could not agree with you any more, same exact views on all fronts over here. We'll see if things heat up! Would make a lot of sense

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I think he played his first two years at Syracuse so now it is time for him to play in the midwest

1 minute ago, Scotty R said:

I think he played his first two years at Syracuse so now it is time for him to play in the midwest

He did.  He's a Canadian kid.  Had a nice offer list out of high school -- Syracuse, Illinois, Xavier, GTown, NC State, OKlahoma, Providence among others.  Ranked 131st in the 2019 class.

New to the portal:

Tre White, 6'7" wing, USC.  averaged 9 ppg and 5.1 rpg last season in 27 mpg as a freshman.  Shot 47/27/69.  50th ranked recruit coming in last year.  247 analysis out of high school:  

A powerfully built small forward at 6-6. An explosive leaper off two feet. Has functional basketball athleticism and versatility skill wise. A keep the defense honest long range shooter. Prefers to score off the dribble. Has a reliable pull up jumper and can finish in traffic. Handles the ball well and can be a playmaker with his passing. Can rebound in traffic and will chase down a rebound. Defensively, can typically adequately defend any position.

Objectively, we’ve had 1 recruiting win in a year and a half. That is really remarkable. As a supposed “top 10-15 NIL” school. JHS success story. TJD’s success. Something stinks in suburbia.

The list of kids we’ve pursued has been extensive.

On the bright side. We have 3 spots to fill. We have literal bags of cash. We have a staff that needs to win. I Mean, something has to give.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Wyoming’s Noah Reynolds has decommitted from Wisconsin 

Interesting.  Comes on the heels of A.J. Storr committing to Wisconsin.

Reynolds is from Peoria, so I assume it's not because he would be far from home.  Seemed to be hitting his stride at Wyoming before his season ended in early February.  Prior to that, had averaged 19 points in his previous 12 games.  Might be worth kicking the tires.

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Objectively, we’ve had 1 recruiting win in a year and a half. That is really remarkable. As a supposed “top 10-15 NIL” school. JHS success story. TJD’s success. Something stinks in suburbia.

The list of kids we’ve pursued has been extensive.

On the bright side. We have 3 spots to fill. We have literal bags of cash. We have a staff that needs to win. I Mean, something has to give.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Would you not call both Reneau and Ware both recruiting wins?

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Actually looks like he backed off from his signing

When he committed, it looked like they would be playing four guys at three spots -- Essegian, Hepburn, Klesmit, and him.  My guess is some assurances he was given by Gard were broken or going to be broken when they signed A.J. Storr.