Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

34 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

he’s asking out of his NLI because it looks better than saying he was denied admission

9B3DE640-4309-4164-B407-C052170C396D.png

Gotcha.  Twitterverse seems to think he will be going to Syracuse which recruited him heavily.  From what I've seen at Syracuse requires an 85 TOEFL for foreign students, so if he was short of Michigan's requirement he might be short on Syracuse's (there are other tests he could have taken, but I assume if he is asking out of his letter of intent, retaking the TOEFL wasn't a realistic option because his score wasn't close enough).  I checked Indiana's TOEFL minimum and it is 79, so the 79 is probably what most Big Ten schools require...but not Michigan or Northwestern.

Not a transfer, but Papa Kante (6'10" center, 90th rated incoming 2023 recruit) has asked for a release for his letter of intent from Michigan.

Papa Kante?

Please tell me he taunts his opponents with “who’s your daddy?”….

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

They are down to 1 scholarship and their fans are not happy about it.

they also all feel Ledlum is going to IU and staff is making one last visit to change his mind. 

take it for what it is worth. 

Do we truly know anything about Knecht?    @Chris007 have you heard anything?

5 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

If you believe their Rahbjohns we are.  Has been sounding like a long shot and Oregon for awhile. 

I would think Cormick would have already scheduled if interested. Maybe we get surprised this weekend with some random guys we didn’t even know about.

if I had to guess, they hope to lock up Ledlum and then hope that someone else pops up late. Happens all the time. Live period is also opening up and could see another JHS type guy being available suddenly as well. I guess my point is, it doesn’t have to be him. There will be others. 

The adage applies:

It's not who you miss on that matters; it's who you get.

Adam Howard just started Insta-following Arkansas Draft declarant Devo Davis.

Arkansas has already back-filled all 2/3 spots with portal gets, and Davis is exploring the draft, retaining eligibility, but has not entered the portal yet. Davis is not projected to be drafted.

By the way, NOT that we are in any way in real pursuit, but Devo Davis would be an incredible get for any team.

PS; This is how it works.

22 hours ago, btownqb said:

No one complained... was the my point.  Pointing out that the sweat bomb that coaches at XU is a cheater isn't complaining.. its fact. 

Today is Tuesday in Indiana. Stating that doesn't mean I'm complaining that it isn't Wednesday. 

Why bring it up? There are avenues to take if he wants to report it. I know I should just fall in line because it's an IU person saying it. I'm sure we've never done something similar though...

There are still a few on here who believe any program ever with a pulse has cheated and IU is clean. People did and do complain.. was my point.

22 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Why bring it up? There are avenues to take if he wants to report it. I know I should just fall in line because it's an IU person saying it. I'm sure we've never done something similar though...

There are still a few on here who believe any program ever with a pulse has cheated and IU is clean. People did and do complain.. was my point.

Why care about why I brought it up? He is a cheating POS. I can't change that. 

And sure to the IU stuff, I don't keep a Rolodex on all the things IU fans "do wrong". That is your job. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Why care about why I brought it up? He is a cheating POS. I can't change that. 

And sure to the IU stuff, I don't keep a Rolodex on all the things IU fans "do wrong". That is your job. 

One second, need to jot this down in my Rolodex (do people still have these things?)

Fat-Tony-I-made-a-note-on-your-card-in-m

I didn't even know you brought it up. I simply posted my perspective on it like almost everyone does on a message board. Everyone "cheats" to an extent. Quit complaining and win games. (this is not directed at you rather to coaches who want to complain).

44 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Arkansas has already back-filled all 2/3 spots with portal gets, and Davis is exploring the draft, retaining eligibility, but has not entered the portal yet. Davis is not projected to be drafted.

By the way, NOT that we are in any way in real pursuit, but Devo Davis would be an incredible get for any team.

This is how it works!

And we could learn a lot about Devo with a quick call to Keith. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

This is how it works!

He's interesting. SEC Academic Honor roll 3x (kinda like being the tallest midget, but still!)

All SEC defensive team, Solid 3pt shooter (35%) Experienced in multiple NCAA runs. A lot to like here. 

3 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

He's interesting. SEC Academic Honor roll 3x (kinda like being the tallest midget, but still!)

All SEC defensive team, Solid 3pt shooter (35%) Experienced in multiple NCAA runs. A lot to like here. 

Oh lord; he’s not even in the portal yet, but he’s so far and above other SGs people have been gushing about.

17 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Not to mention that he flat stepped up and won them the KU game in the tournament. He was a Man at the biggest moment. 

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

He wouldn't be a bad addition but as has been said he's not in the portal, at least not yet.  We should pump the brakes on that thought until/if he enters the portal.