Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

In this case…I absolutely will dig at him for things he did behind the scenes before he got here and things he’s done since he’s been here. I will never be okay with him representing Indiana on the sidelines. 

This is what happens when recruiting slows down.

If Indiana is ever going to be a team to be taken seriously we need to play the games. What is Arkansas, every SEC school, every new Big East school doing? This isn’t the 1980’s anymore and we can be as competitive as we want to be.

I don’t know the specifics you are referring too but I doubt it’s any different than what The Who’s Who of basketball is doing.

You clearly have some inside source as has been alluded to by the “Kory” recruitment, the Knee surgery, and now this but I don’t know what Ya could be doing that’s any different than other winning programs.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

23 minutes ago, normandale97 said:

In this case…I absolutely will dig at him for things he did behind the scenes before he got here and things he’s done since he’s been here. I will never be okay with him representing Indiana on the sidelines. 

You, sir, live in a fantasy world.

There is NO SUCH THING as a pure, totally innocent and ethical program within college basketball. You can pontificate all you want and it’s only going to make you look silly.

Has Coach Ya deliberately tried to do kids dirty? If your answer is no, then there’s really nothing for you to be b*tching about.

41 minutes ago, normandale97 said:

Please show us all of these transgressions you are talking about since he has been here 

41 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

You, sir, live in a fantasy world.

There is NO SUCH THING as a pure, totally innocent and ethical program within college basketball. You can pontificate all you want and it’s only going to make you look silly.

Sure there is. 

They just suck!

5 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

Sounds like he was one that Ya talked about just looking for money.  

Whether or not he is/was, everything I have heard about him from people is he's an incredibly high effort player.  So wanting money or not, he's going to go all out somewhere.

15 minutes ago, Josh said:

I don't understand why it's a bad thing to note the hypocrisy in Ya complaining about other coaches cheating.

If Ya is asked if cheating is still going on in NIL and he says there is, does that constitute complaining?

I guess I don't get it.  First aloha says people on the board are complaining by simply asking if cheating is going on with NIL and if it's even possible to do so, now Ya is 'complaining' when saying it still goes on.

8 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

If Ya is asked if cheating is still going on in NIL and he says there is, does that constitute complaining?

I guess I don't get it.  First aloha says people on the board are complaining by simply asking if cheating is going on with NIL and if it's even possible to do so, now Ya is 'complaining' when saying it still goes on.

Is that what happened?  What was the context of the statement by Ya?

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Is that what happened?  What was the context of the statement by Ya?

I don't even know that he even said that there were programs cheating.  The reference that was made to a Hoosier Hysterics podcast he did.   The closest I could find was when he was asked if about the portal was him comparing it the NBA, and he said "but at least the NBA is regulated".  If all you look at is that sentence, then he might be indicating cheating.  But the whole context -- before and after that sentence -- stated that the portal was a lot like the NBA in that there was a lot of money being through around with NIL but the NBA was regulated because it had a salary cap, and that some of the numbers he was seeing players in college getting was ridiculous.

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I don't even know that he even said that there were programs cheating.  The reference that was made to a Hoosier Hysterics podcast he did.   The closest I could find was when he was asked if about the portal was him comparing it the NBA, and he said "but at least the NBA is regulated".  If all you look at is that sentence, then he might be indicating cheating.  But the whole context -- before and after that sentence -- stated that the portal was a lot like the NBA in that there was a lot of money being through around with NIL but the NBA was regulated because it had a salary cap, and that some of the numbers he was seeing players in college getting was ridiculous.

So you don't know the context but you're complaining about people using the word complaining in context to it.

Noted.

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I don’t know the backdrop to the asserted “complaining” or “cheating” comments or if they even happened whatever they are, not weighing in on that though it strikes me as silly, but what you reference here is just fact, the whole NIL world is the wild west and it should be regulated. I don’t understand anyone who would say otherwise. Ok, maybe Calipari, Self

3 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I don’t know the backdrop to the asserted “complaining” or “cheating” comments or if they even happened whatever they are, not weighing in on that though it strikes me as silly, but what you reference here is just fact, the whole NIL world is the wild west and it should be regulated. I don’t understand anyone who would say otherwise. Ok, maybe Calipari, Self

I don’t disagree about it being an unregulated Wild West, which is basically all that Ya said from what I heard.  He did say that last year NIL really wasn’t much of a factor in transfers but now it is.