Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

9 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

If this would happen I couldn't imagine the reception he would get in Mackey

Far better to change his mind now than to do it a year from now. He’ll get booed, but so does every Indiana player. There’s no real attachment to him yet by the Purdue faithful 

31 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

IMG_6806.jpg

Rumors at this point for sure. But with any rumor, you have to ask why it exists. Haven’t checked his IG because I don’t IG like the young go-hards, so someone feel free to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Can confirm, his bio now just says "athlete" and the IU post is unarchived and already filled with IU fans in the past hour.

16 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Inside The Hall:  VCU transfer Jalen DeLoach tells Inside the Hall he will not visit Indiana this weekend as Mike Woodson recently underwent knee surgery.  DeLoach will take an official visit this weekend to Penn State and said he hopes to visit Bloomington later this month.

Wait, Woody had knee surgery? I wonder if Woody endorsed him relaying that to the world? Or did Woody and I just missed it?

Just now, Joe_hoopsier said:

Wait, Woody had knee surgery? I wonder if Woody endorsed him relaying that to the world? Or did Woody and I just missed it?

It's been public knowledge that he was having the surgery but don't think the date had been announced.

18 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Far better to change his mind now than to do it a year from now. He’ll get booed, but so does every Indiana player. There’s no real attachment to him yet by the Purdue faithful 

Yeah, as much as we resented the Illinois fans for their behavior in that game, Gordon didn't handle that recruitment very well. He visited IU multiple times as an Illinois commit, but publicly said he was still committed to Illinois. His dad even went on Illinois message boards and assured them his son was still coming. Then Gordon flipped about two weeks before signing day. That didn't justify what they did and said to him by any means, but everyone involved handled that one poorly. 

24 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Agreed, the vitriol would surpass Gordon in Champaign.

Not sure anything would surpass the vitriol Gordon and his family faced. I know multiple people who were at that game . It was flat out dangerous for Gordon and his family. They had to have cops around his family.

Not sure anything would surpass the vitriol Gordon and his family faced. I know multiple people who were at that game . It was flat out dangerous for Gordon and his family. They had to have cops around his family.
In fairness we are talking about toilet maker fans. They already idiots can't imagine if a commit backed out and went to iu. Illinois fans are idiots as well but we are talking about purdue fans for Pete's sake. Probably chant kanon sucks before kickoff at their opening home football game!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

In fairness we are talking about toilet maker fans. They already idiots can't imagine if a commit backed out and went to iu. Illinois fans are idiots as well but we are talking about purdue fans for Pete's sake. Probably chant kanon sucks before kickoff at their opening home football game!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

No doubt…they are Toilet maker fans lol. Keep in mind Illinois considers us an arch rival….hell Chester Frazier still talks smack about that game 15 years later HA! 

IF IU really got Kanon Catchings, this has to be the whole "Mike Woodson isn't messing around" is about..

I’m all aboard. I really like his game. Confident scorer.

Then Add McNeely and Bidunga. Lol. How much NIL do we have BTW? Lol.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Look at that. More instagram insight for the win. First his bio changed, brought back IU post and now following IU guys

But that means nothing guys. Move along

Haha - sorry, had to based on the other back and forth. Look, it might not make things 100% but social media is these kids lives. I have a teen athlete and can see their patterns pretty easy. It is a BIG tell.

Exactly it’s their lives. They connect with everybody they know. You are reading way too into this. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Exactly it’s their lives. They connect with everybody they know. You are reading way too into this. 

He's committed to Purdue until he's not...but this doesn't seem like "connecting," more like, highly unusual behavior for someone committed to Purdue.