Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 minute ago, monskisprodigy said:

Well rounded, athletic, versatile and can get a bucket on their own.

Not saying its a direct comparison regarding skillset, but he just reminds me of a guy that has been on those teams historically and been a thorn in our side. As of late, Payton Sandfort, Joe Weiskamp, Jarrod Uthoff, Tyler Wahl, Sam Dekker, Bronson Koenig, 

How the style of play of Dalton Knecht is comparable with Tyler Wahl, Bronson Koenig, Jarred Uthoff, and Sam Dekker?

I have no idea.

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Waiting for the inevitable Jordan Hulls/Aaron Craft/Matt Roth comp.

Those are cringey. I do think Herro is a solid comparison, though. 

I mean, the kid CAN shoot, but he's not a sniper... he CAN take it to the rack, but he isn't Victor Oladipo... what's the average? Tyler Herro (ish) for sure. 

1 hour ago, monskisprodigy said:

Well rounded, athletic, versatile and can get a bucket on their own.

Not saying its a direct comparison regarding skillset, but he just reminds me of a guy that has been on those teams historically and been a thorn in our side. As of late, Payton Sandfort, Joe Weiskamp, Jarrod Uthoff, Tyler Wahl, Sam Dekker, Bronson Koenig, 

You just name a bunch of players that all had very different games than each other.  Only thing they have in common are they are white.  

9 minutes ago, hoosiersoxfan said:

You just name a bunch of players that all had very different games than each other.  Only thing they have in common are they are white.  

And I said...."Not saying its a direct comparison regarding skillset, but he just reminds me of a guy that has been on those teams historically and been a thorn in our side". 

Dalton Knecht is white. The players I named are white. Thank you for making me aware. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Well.. Dana.. I also have an issue with how he went about calling out an 18-19yr old.

You recruited his a** to Oregon..I'm sure you told his parents you'd get the most out of him.. does Dana have any sort of reflection into his own coaching? Did he ever own any mistakes in regards to what went wrong with Ware, this season, publicly? 

Don't tell me, Dana Altman, it was alllllll the 18-19yr olds fault. Conversations take two sides to be productive. I'm sorry, but that tweet, to me, says more about Dana Altman than Kel'el Ware. 

I agree!  It sort of makes him sound petty and reacting to the fact that he failed him as a coach.  I guarantee you Woodson would not put the blame on that kid!

10 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Dana Altman on Ware

I do believe Woody will get Ware to work harder if he does commit. We will find out tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

He seemed to know how to light a fire under TJD's butt from time to time.  That's the bonus of a coach like Woodson.  He's coached how many pre madonnas in his 30 some years.  I think he knows how to push different players differently.   

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Sorry. That's probably the teacher/coach coming out in me, as fair amount of my time in life is spent advocating for kids. 

Those words just rubbed me the wrong way. I have no issue if others have a different opinion of that tweet. 

I think you were spot on!  

Well.. Dana.. I also have an issue with how you went about calling out an 18-19yr old.
You recruited his a** to Oregon..I'm sure you told his parents you'd get the most out of him.. does Dana have any sort of reflection into his own coaching? Did he ever own any mistakes in regards to what went wrong with Ware, this season, publicly? 
Don't tell me, Dana Altman, it was alllllll the 18-19yr olds fault. Conversations take two sides to be productive. I'm sorry, but that tweet, to me, says more about Dana Altman than Kel'el Ware. 
I definitely agree, I was just sharing what he said.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Well.. Dana.. I also have an issue with how you went about calling out an 18-19yr old.

Dana Altman is the same guy who recently called out his own fanbase when only 3,300 of them showed up for a spring break NIT game after a very disappointing season this year.

I'm more than certain that Kel'el Ware did not perform or work up to expectations, but publicly calling him out after Ware played well with the passive-aggressive statement  "At least he acted like he wanted to be here tonight" is some really weak sauce.

If that's the encouragement Ware received after responding with improved effort? I can see why he's getting the hell out of there.