Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Just now, IUFAN1976 said:

If Edey comes back, I would think that would still belong to Purdue.  I calculated Purdue’s total inches with Edey, Furst, Morton, Loyer, and Smith and that cones up to 397” and what you have listed is 396”.  

Is Furst not transferring or was that just a rumor?

Could be. I just think he already knows as he has been communicating with him and others on the team. Those guys all know what the others are doing and if so, he hasn’t backed off yet.
maybe he does once official but I don’t believe so. 
my guess is the staff sees it as Malik/Sparks and Ware/DeLoach.  That is 20 min each give or take pending fouls, injuries etc. I could argue that if we don’t get DeLoach then we still need another versatile big. 
One of those four does not fit in that conversation. I'd be surprised if Sparks gets more than 10 minutes a game next year. I don't think the staff is counting on him to make large contributions.

Sent from my SM-S901U using BtownBanners mobile app

Sparks last 10 games-- 31mpg 15p 11r 2a 1b 58% FG
We will see. Those stats were put up in a far less talented and athletic league. For the sake of IU I hope he comes in and kills it but I don't see it happening. I believe the staff sees a need for better athletes and that's why they are continuing to pursue multiple athletic bigs such as Ware and Deloach.

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Sparks last 10 games-- 31mpg 15p 11r 2a 1b 58% FG

.....some people just don't know what they are talking about when they post things about players. I may not always know, but I make sure to research what I'm about to post before I hit.... Submit Reply. lol

1 minute ago, jonz44 said:

We will see. Those stats were put up in a far less talented and athletic league. For the sake of IU I hope he comes in and kills it but I don't see it happening. I believe the staff sees a need for better athletes and that's why they are continuing to pursue multiple athletic bigs such as Ware and Deloach.

I don't believe we are pursuing both, still. Is Sparks unathletic? 

I think Sparks avg between 12-18 mpg next year. 

Can we maybe have any of the commitments moved up to today? Need some good news, just glad that I teleworked today, I work in downtown Louisville, first shooting was about a mile away, but the second one was literally where I park. Jesus, I need a bourbon.

46 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

Is Furst not transferring or was that just a rumor?

The only one I heard that was transferring was Brandon Newman.  There has been rumblings that Kaufman-Renn wasn’t happy with his role.  

Can we maybe have any of the commitments moved up to today? Need some good news, just glad that I teleworked today, I work in downtown Louisville, first shooting was about a mile away, but the second one was literally where I park. Jesus, I need a bourbon.

Ugh. Sorry man, that’s gotta be unsettling. Stay safe, glad you had the option to work from home.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, HinnyHoosier said:

Possibly a stupid question, but what is Wright’s role/niche in the realm of recruiting?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I see the name often, but not sure how much weight he carries. The first reply I saw, though, was someone I recognize:

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Because staffs lie to kids all the time.   We won’t play you at the 4 if you come here.  Gets on campus and the kid is playing the 4.    Happens all the time.  

[insert name of coach at my school] never lies to recruits or players that's why some transfer.