Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

59 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

PSA.  I think the line from Wizard of Oz sums up how you should view any tweets from the above  --  Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Big on making predictions some of which will occasionally prove accurate, i.e. random chance theory.  Those that don't pan out reportedly mysteriously disappear from twitterverse.  I'd take any such predictions with a grain of salt until I saw multiple confirmations from the old standby sources.

It does seem to me like he's scouring the twitterverse and then throwing out other people's theories they tweeted as his 'sources'.  We've already seen one guy tweet that Ware, Ledlum, and DeLoach were all going to commit to IU and then afterwards the Transfer Portal account tweets them out separately.  

That said:

Zagoria is a solid source and said the Ware decision would come Tuesday.  Ware cancelled his visit to Indiana and to our knowledge only visited IU.  The only other possibility I could see would be Arkansas since it's near home and he was recruited by them earlier, but I think if he were in love with Arkansas he would have committed there in the first place.

Ledlum?  That one seems to be pretty tight lipped.  I do expect it comes down to Indiana and St. John's.

DeLoach has a visit scheduled this weekend and had an at home visit from Florida State Thursday.  He had indicated previously that he probably would not decide until late April to early May.  His comments haven't really indicated any preference -- San Diego State has playing time available, Indiana is the basketball 'Mecca', his brother goes to Florida State....his decision likely is going to be based more on the landscape toward the end of April.

3 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

It does seem to me like he's scouring the twitterverse and then throwing out other people's theories they tweeted as his 'sources'.  We've already seen one guy tweet that Ware, Ledlum, and DeLoach were all going to commit to IU and then afterwards the Transfer Portal account tweets them out separately.  

That said:

Zagoria is a solid source and said the Ware decision would come Tuesday.  Ware cancelled his visit to Indiana and to our knowledge only visited IU.  The only other possibility I could see would be Arkansas since it's near home and he was recruited by them earlier, but I think if he were in love with Arkansas he would have committed there in the first place.

Ledlum?  That one seems to be pretty tight lipped.  I do expect it comes down to Indiana and St. John's.

DeLoach has a visit scheduled this weekend and had an at home visit from Florida State Thursday.  He had indicated previously that he probably would not decide until late April to early May.  His comments haven't really indicated any preference -- San Diego State has playing time available, Indiana is the basketball 'Mecca', his brother goes to Florida State....his decision likely is going to be based more on the landscape toward the end of April.

I agree it kind of looks like that's what he did, but I do think it's a bit gutsy to tag the players in the tweet the way he did.

17 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Zagoria is a solid source and said the Ware decision would come Tuesday.  Ware cancelled his visit to Indiana and to our knowledge only visited IU.  The only other possibility I could see would be Arkansas since it's near home and he was recruited by them earlier,

Pretty sure Arkansas does not have any spots left after Tramon Mark committing 

EDIT: they have 1 left, but it looks it’s about to be taken by Khalif Battle or Watkins 

7 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

The anonymity of the internet gives one guts, I guess.

Eh, I wouldn't have tagged them the way he did if I was making it up.

Granted I can't say I would've tagged them if I wasn't making it up because I'd imagine they want their moment instead of some guy on Twitter blabbing it.

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Pretty sure Arkansas does not have any spots left after Tramon Mark committing 

Black will almost certainly go and Walsh might. If they want Ware, they’ll fit him in. 

20 minutes ago, Demo said:

Black will almost certainly go and Walsh might. If they want Ware, they’ll fit him in. 

They do have an issue with where he would fit, though, given that Trevon Brazille announced he was coming back last Thursday and they already have and they are bringing in a top 20 player in Baye Fall whose game seems pretty similar to Ware's.  One of the Mitchell brothers entered the portal but the other has not.  Jalen Graham also announced he's coming back, so that another player at the 4.

Three days ago the Best of Arkansas stated that Arkansas basketball had now officially contacted 83 players in the portal.  I know they hosted a couple of wings over the weekend including Temple's Khalif Battle, so it wouldn't surprise me if Black goes if they try to fill that spot with Battle.

Just my opinion, nothing else, but I could certainly see Ware being in a numbers issue at Arkansas.  Even with Mack committing I think their more immediate issue is with wings.

24 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Thinking about it;

If…IF Ledlum joins to play the three, Ellis might be a better fit than Knecht. Ellis is a 1/2 combo, and Knecht might have trouble guarding the two (or anyone) very well.

I like ellis but that'd be a really bad shooting lineup so I think i'd prefer Knecht

8 minutes ago, Unexpectedflash said:

I like ellis but that'd be a really bad shooting lineup so I think i'd prefer Knecht

Maybe -- but right now what we've seen is Dalton Knecht shoot against against mainly Big Sky competition and Ellis shoot against mainly ACC competition.  It's a big difference.  And against the best three teams Knecht played against last year, he was playing quite a bit against their bench players -- lost to Houston by 47, Baylor by 33, and New Mexico by 24.  Over two seasons, Knecht shot 46/37.  Ellis shot 41/33.  Is the difference in competition enough to account for that?  I don't know....might not be....but it's certainly closer than you think.

8 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Maybe -- but right now what we've seen is Dalton Knecht shoot against against mainly Big Sky competition and Ellis shoot against mainly ACC competition.  It's a big difference.  And against the best three teams Knecht played against last year, he was playing quite a bit against their bench players -- lost to Houston by 47, Baylor by 33, and New Mexico by 24.  Over two seasons, Knecht shot 46/37.  Ellis shot 41/33.  Is the difference in competition enough to account for that?  I don't know....might not be....but it's certainly closer than you think.

Knecht looks like an NBA skill set on offense.

If IU needs him to play guard I worry about the defensive end.

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

They do have an issue with where he would fit, though, given that Trevon Brazille announced he was coming back last Thursday and they already have and they are bringing in a top 20 player in Baye Fall whose game seems pretty similar to Ware's.  One of the Mitchell brothers entered the portal but the other has not.  Jalen Graham also announced he's coming back, so that another player at the 4.

Three days ago the Best of Arkansas stated that Arkansas basketball had now officially contacted 83 players in the portal.  I know they hosted a couple of wings over the weekend including Temple's Khalif Battle, so it wouldn't surprise me if Black goes if they try to fill that spot with Battle.

Just my opinion, nothing else, but I could certainly see Ware being in a numbers issue at Arkansas.  Even with Mack committing I think their more immediate issue is with wings.

Not saying they want Ware or that he makes sense for them.. Just saying that in the hypothetical a scholarship wouldn’t be an issue. 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Zagoria - Louisville transfer @elellis3 tells me these schools have reached out but he’s ‘focused on going to the NBA first’

We're on the list but didn't see a reason to publish the whole list.

Ellis can be pretty good, but he’s not an NBA player.