Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Lol transfer portal giveth and taketh away. We shall see. I was guarded with this one but some “insider” smoke still has me optimistic.

Bidding wars don’t historically work out well for Indiana, evidence A’plenty.

But true 5 options of starter quality are and will be dwindling. So it’s crunch time.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Lol transfer portal giveth and taketh away. We shall see. I was guarded with this one but some “insider” smoke still has me optimistic.

But true 5 options of starter quality are and will be dwindling. So it’s crunch time.

Unfortunately this scenario will likely play out like this, visit Alabama, spend all day speculating on what is going to happen, and turns out Bama dropped the bag and commits to Bama. However, we shall see if this bidding war (it will happen) goes

Yeah i think well know his decision by Monday. The plan all along was to visit both us and bama. We are in a very good position. 
I imagine Bama will feel the same after his visit with them.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

So I think I've figured out the roadmap of IU basketball recruiting:
Step 1: Fans dream and speculate about players they'd like to see here some day. 
Step 2: Some of those names garner interest from IU, and contact is made. Fans get irrationally excited. 
Step 3: A few players schedule visits. Fans get even more excited. 
Step 4: The visit goes well (spoiler: it always does). Insiders rave about how excited the recruit looked, how often they smiled or remarked about what they liked. They take this excitement to message boards and the fans lose their minds with glee. Sometimes, the process ends here. But usually...
Step 5: Just when everyone is ready for a commitment to go down, a post is made, somewhere beneath all the hoopla, that they're hearing about other schools involved. 
Step 6: The fans start to cool off a bit. Apprehension and the Pavlovian fear of rejection and disappointment begin to creep in. 
Step 7: More schools enter the picture. The recruit takes those visits and ultimately commits to one of them instead. 
Step 8: We all go back to Step 1. 
Don't bring back that IU triangle of doom or surely everyone left will leave town too.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

It's unfortunate that he didn't cancel the Bama visit. But, I'd rather be the school that may have received a Verbal than the school trying to sway that recruit's mind in 36 hours or less. Also, with an announcement coming shortly after the visit it won't impact IU's ability to pursue Shedrick (a great fallback option).

Let’s start thinking fallback options…. Lol

Anyway, Bama is a very attractive basketball situation for a player like Ware. They will sell Clowney and seem to be willing to match going rate NIL and above.  If Bama is the next stop that is. Although Arkansas also offers a lot apparently, as seen through recruiting results.  

DeLoach is next up.  ;).  

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Let’s start thinking fallback options…. Lol

Anyway, Bama is a very attractive basketball situation for a player like Ware. They will sell Clowney and seem to be willing to match going rate NIL and above.  If Bama is the next stop that is. Although Arkansas also offers a lot apparently, as seen through recruiting results.  

DeLoach is next up.  ;).  

DeLoach is probably 4th after Ware(top 2 with a legit chance to land), Shedrick (still in contact) and the kid from Marshall (still in contact)

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

DeLoach is probably 4th after Ware(top 2 with a legit chance to land), Shedrick (still in contact) and the kid from Marshall (still in contact)

Yeah, apparently scouting reports love the Marshall kid and think he’s a blossoming star.  Maybe we can jump in there.  

52 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We do need to get this locked down. You don't have to get the best, but you better get a good one.

So there it is. No commitment today. 

Kind of embarrassing that our insiders get so excited about a recruit's visit going well that they convince fans a commitment is imminent. 
I don't know. I wasn't swayed one way or the other.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, vemmeistars said:

I'd rather be the school that may have received a Verbal than the school trying to sway that recruit's mind in 36 hours or less

We don't know that there was a "verbal." It sounds like it was a good visit but not good enough to make a commitment. Otherwise, Ware wouldn't be going on a visit to another school. It doesn't mean IU is out. It just means Ware is still undecided.

59 minutes ago, vemmeistars said:

It's unfortunate that he didn't cancel the Bama visit. But, I'd rather be the school that may have received a Verbal than the school trying to sway that recruit's mind in 36 hours or less. Also, with an announcement coming shortly after the visit it won't impact IU's ability to pursue Shedrick (a great fallback option).

Or, crazy thought, there wasn't a verbal and while IU may have felt good he was undecided.

If he gave a verbal there'd be no reason to take the Bama visit.

If the visit was the following weekend I'd be more concerned with Ware not cancelling. But, logistically when the visit is the following day it's easier to go with the prearranged travel plans than book last minute travel back to Oregon/Arkansas that will be $$$. 

When Malik committed on his visit, it was easier for him to cancel his subsequent visits when they were weeks (not hours) apart.