Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

I actually think this board did a really good job staying level about the possible commitment but my god the amount of engagement farming on Twitter last night was despicable. If you don’t know anything don’t try to fire the fans up to get more Twitter followers it’s pathetic

4 minutes ago, IU_FanClub said:

Also a huge pet peeve of mine is the IU fan accounts online that just take info they clearly read on the message boards and then post it on social media and act like it’s their own 

A lot of it comes from the Peegs, but a lot of the more noticeable accounts seemed very excited about it

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

A lot of it comes from the Peegs, but a lot of the more noticeable accounts seemed very excited about it

Oh yeah I’m not talking about those haha I’m talking about the rinky dink random Instagram and Twitter accounts that try to act like an IU news source by copy and pasting 

On 4/6/2023 at 10:55 AM, Scotty R said:

This is how I see the next two days playing out. All of us are going to be projecting lineups thinking all 3 of these guys will commit the next few days. Then two hours after the OV are over we all panic when no verbals are announced. 

Bump

So I think I've figured out the roadmap of IU basketball recruiting:

Step 1: Fans dream and speculate about players they'd like to see here some day. 

Step 2: Some of those names garner interest from IU, and contact is made. Fans get irrationally excited. 

Step 3: A few players schedule visits. Fans get even more excited. 

Step 4: The visit goes well (spoiler: it always does). Insiders rave about how excited the recruit looked, how often they smiled or remarked about what they liked. They take this excitement to message boards and the fans lose their minds with glee. Sometimes, the process ends here. But usually...

Step 5: Just when everyone is ready for a commitment to go down, a post is made, somewhere beneath all the hoopla, that they're hearing about other schools involved. 

Step 6: The fans start to cool off a bit. Apprehension and the Pavlovian fear of rejection and disappointment begin to creep in. 

Step 7: More schools enter the picture. The recruit takes those visits and ultimately commits to one of them instead. 

Step 8: We all go back to Step 1. 

Helpful to remember that on the spot commitments are exceedingly rare at this high of a level.

If your son were in the position these players are and you were advising him - 99.9% of the time you'd tell them to make sure they've explored all their choices thoroughly before making a decision as big as this one. Yes, the odds are less likely he lands here if he leaves campus without committing, but it doesn't mean we're eliminated from consideration by any means.

These are very fluid situations. Many hard and soft factors in consideration and we're not privvy to the vast majority of it. 

A little disappointing? Yeah, for now... but we'll see what happens

30 minutes ago, IU_FanClub said:

I actually think this board did a really good job staying level about the possible commitment but my god the amount of engagement farming on Twitter last night was despicable. If you don’t know anything don’t try to fire the fans up to get more Twitter followers it’s pathetic

Agree. I love BTownBanners. I did a $1 Peegs trial this month and I've already canceled. It's ridiculous on there the way they (and even Rabjohns/Hysteric guy) act. Sorry but Rabjohns knew what he was doing last night..IU Twitter was pathetic from some people I've really come to like over the years. Makes our fan base look silly even though it was people that have large platforms. All they need to say is things went well but nothing is final. Instead, I see "Future is REALLY" bright tweet, a podcast claiming "he might need to clear his schedule", memes of Woodson saying he is a  "closer". I hope they all learned a lesson.. I know I did.