Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

42 minutes ago, Rico said:

Purdue fans during regular season winning streaks: "We do this with 3-star kids that had no other big offers.  We rarely get a sniff from top-60 kids.  This is all about our strong culture and how awesome we are.  We don't need 5-stars."

Also Purdue fans during recruiting:  "I think pretty much every guy we've offered or may conceivably want is going to commit, as long as we decide we definitely want them. I think everybody wants to come to Purdue." 

4 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I wonder if the new portal world will pressure high school kids to commit earlier than they have been. I could see them wanting to lock up a spot at their school of choice before the portal madness begins each spring.

I think absolutely it will. It just makes sense that if they're in line for a spot on a team they really like, that they would feel pressure to commit so they don't lose that spot.

1 hour ago, eddy4iu said:

You give me FAR too much credit for possessing wisdom and being level-headed. I ride the roller coaster of emotions through the peaks and valleys of IU basketball and football news just like everyone else here and just tend to keep extreme reactions that I experience to myself. Don’t always succeed in that regard either. Most recent example was me being publicly disgusted about IU football last year and how I had finally succeeded in making the emotional break after 50 years of fandom and buying season tickets. THIS was at last going to be the year that I would drop 2 of my 4 football season tickets and was only keeping 2 for basketball points purposes with no commitment to using them or planning my Fall weekends around IU football.      Well, you probably already guessed it - I re-upped for 4 seats again this year. I’m just another chump!

Not a chump, just a dedicated fan.

Just now, Henryville Hoosier said:

Someone on HSN are saying it might be a couple weeks before an announcement? Anybody hear anything about it ?

I think the confusion is Ware has another visit planned. Is he going to take that visit or is he going to cancel it? I'm under the assumption that he will cancel it but if he doesn't it could be a couple of weeks. 

Man, as much as I hate the transfer portal, I think I actually love it more.  A true love/hate.

seriously though, it really gives teams a chance to change their outlook for the upcoming season immediately good or bad.  If we stay big spenders in the market this could be an advantage moving forward.  

pretty fun to follow for us roster nerds. 

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Man, as much as I hate the transfer portal, I think I actually love it more.  A true love/hate.

seriously though, it really gives teams a chance to change their outlook for the upcoming season immediately good or bad.  If we stay big spenders in the market this could be an advantage moving forward.  

pretty fun to follow for us roster nerds. 

If we start using the NIL like other programs I think we will all come to love the transfer portal. 

17 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

Someone on HSN are saying it might be a couple weeks before an announcement? Anybody hear anything about it ?

So it's a "silent verbal." Didn't Kaufman supposedly have a silent verbal commitment? Lol

I'll wait for an official announcement. I love reading the message boards rumors but I treat them as just that. 

6 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

So it's a "silent verbal." Didn't Kaufman supposedly have a silent verbal commitment? Lol

I'll wait for an official announcement. I love reading the message boards rumors but I treat them as just that. 

TJD did as well.  He signed his LOI and announced weeks later.  In the meantime people spread rumors we were losing him to MSU

34 minutes ago, craigyv88 said:

Purdue fans during regular season winning streaks: "We do this with 3-star kids that had no other big offers.  We rarely get a sniff from top-60 kids.  This is all about our strong culture and how awesome we are.  We don't need 5-stars."

Also Purdue fans during recruiting:  "I think pretty much every guy we've offered or may conceivably want is going to commit, as long as we decide we definitely want them. I think everybody wants to come to Purdue." 

And:  “Loyer and Smith going to lead us to the promised land”

but also:  “who could we replace them with in the portal?”

27 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think the confusion is Ware has another visit planned. Is he going to take that visit or is he going to cancel it? I'm under the assumption that he will cancel it but if he doesn't it could be a couple of weeks. 

If he takes it, then he hasn’t committed yet.