Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Now if y'all wanna here something really cool... I'm using the Android Btownbanners app on an old phone to type this message.

I gotta feeling... ooooo oooo... That today's gonna be a commitment day. Yea today's gonna be a commitment day.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, str8baller said:

We’ll have gone back from “we’re back baby” to “woody should be replaced by some combination of May/Shrewsberry.”   

I enjoy checking in every couple days just to see what phase of the cycle we’re in.  :) 

I have to admit that if this were taking place back when I were into recruiting, I’d probably be going crazy too. I’m old(ish) and firmly in the wait-and-see phase of my fandom. 

Shrewsberry as HC (nevermind he just went to ND, I reject your reality and substitute my own) and May as lead assistant?

It really does appear that a commitment was made and that another previously scheduled visit needs to be cancelled. The family didn't want news of the IU visit to be shared until the day of the visit so it stands to reason that the same stipulation was placed on the second school visit. I'm guessing that the family out of respect wants to quietly cancel the second visit without the school name being made public.

Thanks to all who have shared info that allows me to believe this. I'll hold off on my elation until officially announced though - just part of being a Hoosier fan.

45 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

My question is what will it look like if there is commitments today

Here is my question. Are we worried about anyone else potentially leaving with this potential wave of players coming in. Guys like Gunn and Banks may be limited in minutes again. 

9 hours ago, iubb said:

Something is going down lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the words of Cuba Gooding Jr. in the movie “Radio”, …… “Dat wuz uh good one Coach!”…lol

Man, I love that movie!

Just now, cbp4iu said:

Here is my question. Are we worried about anyone else potentially leaving with this potential wave of players coming in. Guys like Gunn and Banks may be limited in minutes again. 

It's a good question, and I think the answer should be "not especially worried."

If (and it's certainly still a big "if") we got Ware, Ledlum, and Knecht all to commit, we would have an open spot, Leal, and an injury-recovering Jakai Newton as the likely 11th, 12th, and 13th roster spots. With Gallo as the primary guard backup, that would leave Cupps as the tenth most minutes. This past year, the eighth most minutes was Malik at 14.9 mpg, and ninth most was JG at 12.4 mpg. If Banks and Gunn are the 8th/9th most minutes with the ability to pull more minutes as earned, that should be sufficient motivation to stay.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

It's a good question, and I think the answer should be "not especially worried."

If (and it's certainly still a big "if") we got Ware, Ledlum, and Knecht all to commit, we would have an open spot, Leal, and an injury-recovering Jakai Newton as the likely 11th, 12th, and 13th roster spots. With Gallo as the primary guard backup, that would leave Cupps as the tenth most minutes. This past year, the eighth most minutes was Malik at 14.9 mpg, and ninth most was JG at 12.4 mpg. If Banks and Gunn are the 8th/9th most minutes with the ability to pull more minutes as earned, that should be sufficient motivation to stay.

That leads to my next question of what if IU lands those 3 players and another top level  transfer guard wants to join the party. It could push them. Also saying this because I think we need Banks to find minutes this year. I think he truly could blossom but needs some minutes to develop. 

2 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

That leads to my next question of what if IU lands those 3 players and another top level  transfer guard wants to join the party. It could push them. Also saying this because I think we need Banks to find minutes this year. I think he truly could blossom but needs some minutes to develop. 

If we pull Sparks, Ware, Ledlum, and Knecht from the portal, the last scholly can be used on Grant Gelon's younger brother for all I care.

Kidding aside, I would fully expect that the staff has the satisfaction of all current players in mind when they make an addition. If they have a role in mind for Gunn and/or Banks, they're well-tuned into not screwing that up.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If we pull Sparks, Ware, Ledlum, and Knecht from the portal, the last scholly can be used on Grant Gelon's younger brother for all I care.

Kidding aside, I would fully expect that the staff has the satisfaction of all current players in mind when they make an addition. If they have a role in mind for Gunn and/or Banks, they're well-tuned into not screwing that up.

I didn't know Grant had a younger brother. Hopefully Crean can get a job soon to offer him a scholly.

13 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Any level of concern scaring HS commits from committing with all the transfer portal rumblings. Not sure how in tune HS players are to the transfer portal comings and goings but these transfer hub schools can't make it easy for true freshman to gain minutes, no?

54 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

It really does appear that a commitment was made and that another previously scheduled visit needs to be cancelled. The family didn't want news of the IU visit to be shared until the day of the visit so it stands to reason that the same stipulation was placed on the second school visit. I'm guessing that the family out of respect wants to quietly cancel the second visit without the school name being made public.

Thanks to all who have shared info that allows me to believe this. I'll hold off on my elation until officially announced though - just part of being a Hoosier fan.

All of your years of wisdom have given you a nice level-headed approach to IU news. I love it, I'm just not very good at it yet. 

27 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

8 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Any level of concern scaring HS commits from committing with all the transfer portal rumblings. Not sure how in tune HS players are to the transfer portal comings and goings but these transfer hub schools can't make it easy for true freshman to gain minutes, no?

In today's environment you obviously have to keep both in mind but you can't stop recruiting.  Don't want anyone else to leave but it's all about winning games and a coach has to make his roster as strong as he can.