Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

It’s also like Crean’s final years. We’d legitimately start with offers to 5 and 4 stars. Then to 3 stars, then we’d grab a Grant Gelon and Tim Priller.

The objective, in my opinion, is to get high enough up the echelon you get in early in the domino effect process.

Now, granted, recruiting HSchoolers is a bit of a crapshoot and even recruiting Transfers is a crapshoot, so you never really know until the ball hits the floor. And that is why college basketball is awesome.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Grant Gelon, now there is a name I haven’t heard in ages! 

2 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I wonder if Woodson was recruiting in the Evansville area today. Friends of mine met him at a breakfast place. He was apparently wanting to play golf at Victoria. 

I live in Evansville. Any idea where they were going to eat?

27 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

It’s also like Crean’s final years. We’d legitimately start with offers to 5 and 4 stars. Then to 3 stars, then we’d grab a Grant Gelon and Tim Priller.

The objective, in my opinion, is to get high enough up the echelon you get in early in the domino effect process.

Now, granted, recruiting HSchoolers is a bit of a crapshoot and even recruiting Transfers is a crapshoot, so you never really know until the ball hits the floor. And that is why college basketball is awesome.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Cream typically had like a hundred offers out there.  I think all it did was to see a player play a good game in front of him in order to get an offer.  I believe that’s how Gelon got his.

Uhhhh Matt Roth? 
I believe when crean was recruiting him he had 9 threes in a high school game. Possibly only 7. I can't recall either way it was to calm the critics who wound up being 100 percent right that he wasn't good

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

I believe when crean was recruiting him he had 9 threes in a high school game. Possibly only 7. I can't recall either way it was to calm the critics who wound up being 100 percent right that he wasn't good

Ok I got you, I do remember that story now lol. For a second I was like “is this guy really getting grant mixed up with Matt Roth” lol. 

and believe me that’s not an insult on you….I’m just a moron and forgot that story lol 

2 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

Yeah,  in that neighborhood it appears. Hard to say exactly, because you need to remove the Senior's that have exhausted their eligibility, right? This can't be a healthy development for College basketball. 

The rich get richer and the poorer get poorer.  Such is life.

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

On3’s prediction thing isn’t accurate. It’s all based on social media connecting a player to different schools. Not legit intel.

Yeah, I’ve found that On3’s data is nonsense. They slap the word proprietary on some random formula and claim that it’s groundbreaking. Their NIL system is a mess and really misleading. I haven’t looked a ton into this new recruit predictor, but it just seems pointless. 

3 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I’ll see your Grant Gelon and raise you a Jeremiah April.

Ya that’s going really deep! 

you ever get bored you gotta go to https://iuhoosiers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster and look through all the years and look at the rosters, it’s a trip. Especially the early Crean years. 

16 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Wasn't good... But 1000% guarantee this board and I 1000% know Inside the Hall boards(because I was probably banned shortly after both lol) that Gelon and Even Priller were going to be good and contribute by their Junior and Senior years... That was a legitimate belief.