Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

5 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Travis Branham is a good predictor, but that doesn't mean Battle to Ohio State is a certainty.  Portal predictions are harder to make than high school recruit predictions because things move so fast.

Yup. Seemed like yesterday we were the favorite. 

4 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Travis Branham is a good predictor, but that doesn't mean Battle to Ohio State is a certainty.  Portal predictions are harder to make than high school recruit predictions because things move so fast.

Wasn’t he 100% IU (on3) for like the last 3-4 days or longer?

22 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I don't know about diamond in the rough. He and Armaan Franklin were the two SGs of that class. Everyone here was saying how much better Franklin was and would be for IU... 4 years later... Well.. yup. Right situation and Newman can average 15+ ppg without any doubt.

The times I watched Newman in high school . I was impressed . Wanted him more than Franklin . Had a hell of a game against warren central in the hall fame classic . 

3 minutes ago, Muskie for three said:

The times I watched Newman in high school . I was impressed . Wanted him more than Franklin . Had a hell of a game against warren central in the hall fame classic . 

I saw him play three or four times in high school.  The jump he made from his sophomore to junior year was huge.  He really worked to get his jump shot where it was.

1 hour ago, ebridges24 said:

I sad what I said because that's how I feel about his posting and no 2 -3 paragraph posts will change my mind. I won't even read them.

That's pretty much the realistic side in a nut shell. Form an opinion with little or no info, then ignore anything that doesn't fit the opinion. 

Todays summary:

Knecht zoom meeting. LOVE HIM. Likely my favorite target so far.

Ware. Maybe a visit upcoming. I like a lot about him. Would be worth the gamble to me.

Battle: maybe leaning tOSU? A little bummed. I like him better than

Ledlum personally but I could warm up to Ledlum and hope he’s a better shooter.

Dickinson: talking to UK.

Oscar: possibly to portal and now UK fans saying he got more of 3-4 mill in Nil.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Ok so battle is out and Woodson is playing golf again. Can I panic yet? Or hold off

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I really think he’ll a great addition for the right roster. He carried Minnesota for 2 years. I guess this year he was down but their team was so bad. Kid is definitely a bucket.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Stuhoo said:

I would hope that the Battle trend away from us is because Ledlum is a strong possibility.

I’ve been on record as preferring Ledlum to Battle. Nothing against Battle; he’s good too, but Ledlum is a badass and a serious leadership addition.

So bring that Ledlum visit home and let’s rollllllllll.

I like both, really think both are primary 4s that could slide out to play the 3 in some circumstances rather than the inverse.

I like what you mention about Ledlum and think he’s maybe a higher upside play of the two: if you can marginally improve the shooting AND/OR believe he’ll hit better on a higher average quality of look, he’s my preference of the two.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

He and Armaan Franklin were the two SGs of that class. Everyone here was saying how much better Franklin was and would be for IU

I was for Newman because I felt that IU needed shooting and Newman was a better shooter than Franklin.

Why do so many assume when a recruit turns attention away that they 
- didn’t like us, the staff screwed up, Woodson is golfing, we “missed” again and are “settling” etc. 
I think what some posters are trying to say is there is a loud chorus of negative assumptions. Then those that also feel negative love to pile on. ‘This is not objective or fact based. Just pure emotion.  “misery loves company?”
Should we not expect the staff to be vetting the players wants, needs etc as well during this and assume there will be many we say “hey, not sure we are the best for you. Or… we are looking for depth and no, you won’t be assured 40 min here, etc.”. We have contacted like what 25+ kids? No way we get them all.  Should we just be easy and say yes to first person to show mutual interest? 

In summary, every “miss” is not because they turned us done. Also, just because you, a fan, don’t think someone is good enough doesn’t mean we are “settling”.  Some of those same people also are upset at people like Geronimo leaving when all these “settle” guys would outplay him easy. 

I think I have an answer to this.

Rabjohns is the teams mouthpiece. Rabjohns talks about certain recruits and not others. He forms a narrative and pretty much isolates our serious targets at least as much as the team wants him too.

Sometimes we do miss, most times in reality we and other teams are settling (the higher up the echelon you get, you get a higher percentage of first choice recruits. Duke, UK, others-even they don’t always get first choice). Then domino effects come into play. Sometimes it’s our staff’s decision or honesty. But the guys Rabjohns talks about are generally prioritized recruits to one extent or another. In reality we’d be better off not knowing our wins/losses in recruiting and see what the team does on the floor.

I think I have an answer to this.

Rabjohns is the teams mouthpiece. Rabjohns talks about certain recruits and not others. He forms a narrative and pretty much isolates our serious targets at least as much as the team wants him too.

Sometimes we do miss, most times in reality we and other teams are settling (the higher up the echelon you get, you get a higher percentage of first choice recruits. Duke, UK, others-even they don’t always get first choice). Then domino effects come into play. Sometimes it’s our staff’s decision or honesty. But the guys Rabjohns talks about are generally prioritized recruits to one extent or another. In reality we’d be better off not knowing our wins/losses in recruiting and see what the team does on the floor.

It’s also like Crean’s final years. We’d legitimately start with offers to 5 and 4 stars. Then to 3 stars, then we’d grab a Grant Gelon and Tim Priller.

The objective, in my opinion, is to get high enough up the echelon you get in early in the domino effect process.

Now, granted, recruiting HSchoolers is a bit of a crapshoot and even recruiting Transfers is a crapshoot, so you never really know until the ball hits the floor. And that is why college basketball is awesome.