Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Is this like a Jeopardy question?

okay… so my response is:

”Where do you go when you want to marry your first cousin?

I'm sorry, this is incorrect. The correct response is:

"Where do you go when you want to marry your second cousin?"

"Off to Kentucky"...would elicit your response of:

”Where do you go when you want to marry your first cousin?"

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Brandon Newman is in the portal.

I mean... I'd actually not mind him... But that's just me. Like if we got Knecht, Ware/Shedrick, Battle/Ledlum and Newman... I'd consider that a good haul. He's a guy who can shoot, even if his percentages don't necessarily scream it.

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I mean... I'd actually not mind him... But that's just me. Like if we got Knecht, Ware/Shedrick, Battle/Ledlum and Newman... I'd consider that a good haul. He's a guy who can shoot, even if his percentages don't necessarily scream it.

IMO….he’s one guy that Painter misused.  Athletic guard on teams in need of it.  Give him no rope as soon as he missed shots an killed his confidence.

3 hours ago, ebridges24 said:

Most of what he says strikes me as realistics , i could be wrong, but that's how I see it. I don't like a lot of his posts mainly because he's pointing out bugs in the machine.

If someone were adamant that IU was going to make the Final Four next year would you find that realistic? I think that would be considered to be unbridled and unwarranted optimism and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that would think that is a realistic opinion. Even an extremely optimistic person would struggle to make that leap with an incomplete roster that is missing almost 1/3 of eventual team. 

Yet, without a single shred of additional evidence, the opinion that IU will definitely be terrible next year is realistic? I could see that being an honest opinion if the team were actually complete and things went as bad as predicted. To consider that a realistic position now though, you have to make some pretty big assumptions based on facts not in evidence. You would pretty much have to assume that IU is A) not going to land players from the portal, B) any portal players IU lands won't be any good, C) no one currently on the team improves significantly, or D) some combination of all of the above. 

With absolutely no insider information, I can confidently say that situation A won't be the case. IU will fill the roster spots or at least most of them with players. They may not all be players that fans love at first sight but the spots will be filled. How likely is it that all or most of those players do not contribute? I'd say pretty unlikely. It is no more reasonable to assume that all of the players we do get will be misses than it is to assume they will be hits. In fact the data is heavily trending toward transfers being more likely contributors than all but the most talented recruits. Nor is C much more likely considering that even under Archie we had players improve during the off season, if only by accident and despite the coaching staff.