Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Probably has been posted here (haven't read through everything), but saw a couple things in Twitterworld that Bates is down to K-State and Mizzou. ... Wondering if Mizzou would take either Bates or Love -- or wants both? 

If Tamar Bates transfers to either of those places I will be a huge fan of the move and of Tamar for making that move.

50 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Whether a 2 or 3 doesn't really matter to me. The question in my mind: is he a ballhandler? We need someone at both those positions who can handle the ball up the court or on the perimeter without being a turnover target. Galloway is not an elite ballhandler by any means but he protected the rock. Compare that to Geronimo who wanted to play the "3" but couldn't handle the ball if his life depended on it. 

Compare that to Geronimo who wanted to play the "3" but couldn't handle the ball if his life depended on it.  

Or catch it.

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Said last night today wouldn’t be  boring.   Put 2 and 2 together and you can figure out someone was going to set up a visit or zoom call.    Turns out a zoom call was set up.    My guess is more news will come out today as well 

Maybe he was talking about the weather today because it isn't boring out here 

2 hours ago, Woodson1980 said:

With an improvement from Banks which I fully expect I'm fine with one wing.I think there's a reason Geronimo and Bates left and not KB.The staff may feel the same way.

People always want the new shiny thing, and might be dismissing the likely development of Banks and Gunn. I won't be shocked to see Banks in the starting lineup on opening day.

Anyway, back to portal discussions. 

My biggest thing is I have a feeling for what we need to win big.  The DeLoach thing set me off again because I think it’s a bad fit based on style and roster makeup (it blew up bigger than necessary, but a lot of that was people coming at me and me defending why I don’t like DeLoach to IU-especially as a starter). .  Maybe he’s not even a priority recruit, idk, but I think the 5 is a huge position of need and so is the scoring position.  Both those options are feeling much better addressed today.  I love both of todays options for our team, roster, and style. 
This is a great post, and I agree. Where I respect you as a poster, but I just had a problem with you saying we are losing our priority targets when they haven't committed to anyone yet.
I have no problem with people keeping it "real".

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Seriously? Where else is he gonna pull down $2mil? There really is trouble in the trailer park if they are losing their highest paid mercenaries to another "school" and not the NBA! 

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/jack-pilgrim-said-oscar-might-enter-portal.390879/