Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

So far this portal deal has been disappointing. We really have to hit a grandslam this off season just to make the ncaa imo. So far with only sparks we have a infield fly

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Yeah if we weren’t searching for 2 and more likely 3 starters that changes everything. This off-season was always going to be difficult. The portal is the perfect option, even better than star freshman but it ratchets up the pressure because we are looking for SO much. Kind of like Illinois from last season.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

So far this portal deal has been disappointing. We really have to hit a grandslam this off season just to make the ncaa imo. So far with only sparks we have a infield fly

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Outside of JHS, I think the recruiting has been pretty “meh” so far in Woodson’s time. 

Looks like Indiana is in the race for 2024 and 2025 recruits, but we all know how patient Indiana fans are..

13 minutes ago, Trish said:

Outside of JHS, I think the recruiting has been pretty “meh” so far in Woodson’s time. 

Looks like Indiana is in the race for 2024 and 2025 recruits, but we all know how patient Indiana fans are..

But Ya knows how to recruit! 

1 minute ago, lillurk said:

Tristen Newton was the best player on a very bad East Carolina team last year. I don’t recall any but about him when he transferred to UConn last year. Keep that in mind during this offseason. Not every big name is the right fit.

Newton is a solid player on a team that already had studs. We don’t have that. We need to hit a grand slam in the portal. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Newton is a solid player on a team that already had studs. We don’t have that. We need to hit a grand slam in the portal. 

If you’re waiting for megawatt stars, I think you’ll be disappointed. If you think you can build a successful team with guys who defend and bring something to the table on offense, they’re out there, and they may not be flashy.

Newton had two triple-doubles this year, and no one thought he was a star last summer. But he also didn’t average double-figures for UConn — a team with fewer five-star recruits on its roster (0) than IU will have next year (1, at least: Malik Reneau).

Is it Indiana self-destructing? Or just us?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It’s been a 30 year trickle. We haven’t had consistent success. We get some Mo and the Mo goes away. We don’t attract the talent we think we can attract but we always seem to be on the doorstep. NIL should be the advantage/blessing we needed to compete but TBD.

47 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah if we weren’t searching for 2 and more likely 3 starters that changes everything. This off-season was always going to be difficult. The portal is the perfect option, even better than star freshman but it ratchets up the pressure because we are looking for SO much. Kind of like Illinois from last season.

We haven't even lost any portal guys yet. None of the guys we have went after has committed elsewhere.