Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Just Love. Love's dad talks about how his son wants to be coached and get to the next level but IMO Love only cares about going somewhere he's guaranteed to get up 20-25 shots a game. 

Another perspective on this (not mine) that will matter:

TJD and Bacot are pretty close. I'm confident that TJD has informed Woody about Bacot's take on Love. We're pursuing, so it must be reasonably positive.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don't agree with the part about not being in a good position with 24s. Liam, Asa, Flory, Plus many many others. Sisley and Harrelson in 25. I'll give you 23 though

With Cupps and Newton I wouldn’t classify 23 as a bust. Sure, missed on a number of targets, but could have been worse.

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don't agree with the part about not being in a good position with 24s. Liam, Asa, Flory, Plus many many others. Sisley and Harrelson in 25. I'll give you 23 though

That’s fair but I don’t feel particularly good about landing any one of those even if we aren’t in a bad spot for any of them 

That’s fair but I don’t feel particularly good about landing any one of those even if we aren’t in a bad spot for any of them 

We seem to be leaders for “Liam” but that isn’t always everything.

Flory/Kory??? Tough competition. Seems unlikely until it isn’t.

In the mix for Newell, Mustaf, (Burgess and Williams-who will require time).

Dylan Harper. Nope.

Idk. This staff has been on the struggle bus for a long time. We’ll see.

25s seem good but they always feel good 2 years out. 24 is breaking down. 23 broke down.

But as I’ve been saying for over a year, the transfer portal can cure all if you can identify and land. Thank goodness.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

23 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Just Love. Love's dad talks about how his son wants to be coached and get to the next level but IMO Love only cares about going somewhere he's guaranteed to get up 20-25 shots a game. 

If this is accurate, we may be better off NOT getting him.

4 minutes ago, Bankshot said:

If this is accurate, we may be better off NOT getting him.

I've been mixes on Caleb Love. As Wayne said, we NEED more guard and wing scorers and playmakers. Like, really bad. 

With that said, my UNC fan friends were jumping for joy when Love announced his transfer. They've also all been laughing at me since it was announced that Indiana was interested. 

They all think it's hilarious, and this isn't a group-think text chain or anything. They're all unrelated friends I've talked to separately. 

1 minute ago, ISP said:

This account originally said he would be shocked if Caleb Love picked IU. Now today he has changed his tune quite a bit. Seems that Missouri is the clear leader though. 

CBK report also reported the same thing too

38 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

If that is the case say good bye

15 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I've been mixes on Caleb Love. As Wayne said, we NEED more guard and wing scorers and playmakers. Like, really bad. 

With that said, my UNC fan friends were jumping for joy when Love announced his transfer. They've also all been laughing at me since it was announced that Indiana was interested. 

They all think it's hilarious, and this isn't a group-think text chain or anything. They're all unrelated friends I've talked to separately. 

The high risk aspect is why I'd rather we look somewhere else, like Knecht.

13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I too have reservations about him possibly becoming a Hoosier.  Unless he really wants to be coached and play under control, we don’t need a guy chucking up 20 shots a game.  That’s my biggest concern, him shooting excessively and out of control