Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think there is a mutual interest to talk but won't happen till next weekend now

If you're referring to the dead period here, it doesn't mean they can't communicate. The only thing the dead period does is keep coaches from seeing recruits in-person. Calling, texting, emailing, snail mailing, carrier pigeoning, etc. is all fair game.

If you don't mean for dead period reasons, then disregard!

32 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

It’s amazing just how much college basketball has changed in the last couple of years. Allowing kids to transfer immediately without restrictions has essentially created a free agent market. 
Good to hear we have good connections on this one. I’ve got to believe reputation (development of guys to the next level) and connections are going to be vital as the landscape around CBB continues to evolve.

I think they, the NCAA, are going to slam down on it.  No other league has this crazy free for all.  And while it lets teams literally rebuild overnight, it's also like Rec league where you never know who you got.  

7 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

If you're referring to the dead period here, it doesn't mean they can't communicate. The only thing the dead period does is keep coaches from seeing recruits in-person. Calling, texting, emailing, snail mailing, carrier pigeoning, etc. is all fair game.

If you don't mean for dead period reasons, then disregard!

No that's what I meant. See I'm still learning things. Thank you. For some reason, I thought no contact at all. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

No that's what I meant. See I'm still learning things. Thank you. For some reason, I thought no contact at all. 

The only thing I'm not sure on with the dead period is a Zoom "visit". Coaches love those things, but I don't know if that's allowed during a dead period. I want to say it is allowed.

Just now, Ngw7183 said:

Been a lurker forever and this got me to jump in. 

I see a ton of comments (not directed at you Golfman25) about this being crazy, ruin things, NCAA will stop it etc. 

While they might make changes they can’t stop this without entertaining the whole employee/student issue. Regardless of that, I don’t think many BB and Football fans understand this is the norm in the majority of college sports. You have always been able to transfer without penalty in sports like soccer for example. 

You may say this is different. Too much money at stake. Ok… but then you are back to the whole employee/student thing. 

With minor changes, this is here to stay. 

Welcome to posting here --

Yes it's here to stay, but it needs regulation. The wild west approach is just bad for the sport and college generally.

2 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

I see a ton of comments (not directed at you Golfman25) about this being crazy, ruin things, NCAA will stop it etc. 

While they might make changes they can’t stop this without entertaining the whole employee/student issue. Regardless of that, I don’t think many BB and Football fans understand this is the norm in the majority of college sports. You have always been able to transfer without penalty in sports like soccer for example. 

You may say this is different. Too much money at stake. Ok… but then you are back to the whole employee/student thing. 

Love the first post with serious substance.

Welcome to the board Ngw - don't be a posting stranger.

2 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I seem to remember Baumgart being one who doesn't really know what he's talking about but maybe I'm misremembering? What's his track record?

No idea on his source piece. But I’ll give him this: he highlights a lot of lower profile kids and when I’ve been able to check some of them out, have largely agreed with his evals. So on that side of things, he either knows what he’s seeing or he knows who to ask.

2 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Appreciate the post. If you keep posting you will get that awful Purdue jockstrap off your name, unless you like that kind of thing. 

5 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Welcome aboard. You’re undoubtedly right.