Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Thing I find most insane about the portal..the kids who were highly ranked like Bates or even top 100 guys like Duncomb/Geronimo are leaving. Meanwhile guys who weren't highly ranked out of high school are coming in and most likely upgrades. I know Sparks. Ledlum was a borderline top 100 guy. Battle wasn't. Makes me wonder..who ranks the rankers? I think a big reason has to be the spring of 2020 there was no evaluation period and that screwed things up. Feels like there have been more misses than ever. There isn't a single top 30 recruit in the Final Four. I tease my father in law (UK Fan) to pump the breaks on their recruiting class...rankings mean nothing anymore IMO. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I would absolutely prefer Ledlum. 

Sounds the staff does too. Again, I'm all happy they're getting really good frontcourt players (Malik, Sparks, possibly Ledlum and Shedrick). However, they need a guard/wing. I think multiple ones. Unless Jalen is coming back which is really truly insane for him to do. I'll say this..if Galloway/Cupps are the two guards off the bench I think we will have a pretty good team. 

It makes sense to really stock up on frontcourt guys. Just Malik was coming back. Banks..ehh we will see what he becomes. 

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

And here I thought I was gonna be able to watch “The Night Agent” on Netflix or “Wicked Tuna” tonight but instead I’m choosing to scroll, refresh page, scroll, refresh page. 

Ditto my friend….

9 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Sounds the staff does too. Again, I'm all happy they're getting really good frontcourt players (Malik, Sparks, possibly Ledlum and Shedrick). However, they need a guard/wing. I think multiple ones. Unless Jalen is coming back which is really truly insane for him to do. I'll say this..if Galloway/Cupps are the two guards off the bench I think we will have a pretty good team. 

It makes sense to really stock up on frontcourt guys. Just Malik was coming back. Banks..ehh we will see what he becomes. 

JHS isn’t coming back. They’re going after guards/wings.

9 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Completely agree. I'd like to see us add another guard and a wing. 

Let’s speculate . . .

We convince Love, Ware, and Ledlum to become Hoosiers. Assuming no one else leaves, with Sparks already on board that’s 4 of the five spots filled. Do you:

1) Try to get another combo guard/wing?

2) Bring in Doughty from Ben Davis?

5 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

Let’s speculate . . .

We convince Love, Ware, and Ledlum to become Hoosiers. Assuming no one else leaves, with Sparks already on board that’s 4 of the five spots filled. Do you:

1) Try to get another combo guard/wing?

2) Bring in Doughty from Ben Davis?

I made a qualified defense of Doughty somewhere on here and I stand by the basics of it: if the staff thinks he’s it they’ve earned our trust.

However.

Checked his twitter and all his recent offers are middling mid-majors: EKU, BSU, etc. Sparks may be instructive here: if he’s good for a year or two, well, the portal may be our friend again.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I have not listened to it but supposedly Tyler Hansborugh said on the field of 68 podcast that Love was always in the gym getting shots up. He also said he was the only starter who voted to play in the NIT

Okay, this changed my mind. I want him now. More gym rats, please.

Just now, lillurk said:

I made a qualified defense of Doughty somewhere on here and I stand by the basics of it: if the staff thinks he’s it they’ve earned our trust.

However.

Checked his twitter and all his recent offers are middling mid-majors: EKU, BSU, etc. Sparks may be instructive here: if he’s good for a year or two, well, the portal may be our friend again.

Agreed.

One thing this tournament should have convinced everyone of: You need athletic playmakers. With the group I mentioned previously, you have an adequate amount of post/power forwards that with the right personnel could help create some 4-out lineups that would be tough matchups for the opposition.

1 hour ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Maybe not the thread for this, but have to say... as someone who grew up playing college hoops 2k8, our offseason scholarship situation has me anxiously excited lol. We will learn a lot about what the staff/program is capable of/willing to do, this offseason 

Top 2 greatest basketball games ever made. Asking when NBA 2k11.

1 hour ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Maybe not the thread for this, but have to say... as someone who grew up playing college hoops 2k8, our offseason scholarship situation has me anxiously excited lol. We will learn a lot about what the staff/program is capable of/willing to do, this offseason 

God, I miss NCAA 2K basketball.  Still am playing NCAA 2K13/14 football and am anxiously awaiting it's reboot next year.  Wish they would reboot basketball.