Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

11 hours ago, str8baller said:

I think we see more of situation where it is Reneau, a PG, and 3 perimeters one of whom is long and athletic and can help defend and rebound down low.  Banks fits that description but he’d have to improve his offense a lot in the offseason. 

I definitely see that kind of lineup getting a lot of run. Still think we need to add a rim protector though. Not sure if Sparks fits that bill? Still happy we've added him, think he will be a nice rotation player.

10 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

??

What's the question?  Oats and Muss are young up and commers building programs -- NCAA tourney, final fours, etc.  Going to be around 20+ years.  Woodson has one thing to sell and one thing only -- I can get you to the NBA (exhibit A and B -- TJD and JHS).  Shouldn't take more than a few minutes between holes to sell that.  :)   

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I'm still a bit sour about all of it.  

We've got tons of work to do to make ourselves relevant.  I'm not convinced its going to happen.  Let's see how this money spends..

Sparks is a feelgood story that might workout great.  I mean, what can you really expect if you are recruiting a transfer big that's likely slotted into the backup spot to begin with with a chance to earn more.  So it makes sense.  Good for him, good for us.  

BUT we need so much to be something more than and hope and a dream.  

Some of these transfer options are just bleh.  Was really hoping the staff had 2 or 3 aces up their sleeve but it's looking more like that isn't the case. 

I feel pretty good about Shedrick for some reason.  

But in general if you take a middling bench, with middling recruits, and middling transfers you are likely to expect middling results.  

OK let's pump some sunshine so Dr. Grump can turn his frown upside down.  LOL

I'm with you. Shedrick and Sparks help our frontcourt. But they have a long way to go before I'm pleased. I'll take guys like Love, Timberlake, Reeves, Ledlum, Knecht, etc. They need backcourt help (Mainly 2's and 3's bad). IF IU is in the top 10-15 in NIL, then I expect them to land a few of these dudes. I'll be extremely upset if they don't to be honest. There is no excuse they can't. 2-3 starting spots up to grab. X and Malik IMO are the only guys I'd label starters. Sorry, Galloway is a reserve on a really good team. 

24 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

What's the question?  Oats and Muss are young up and commers building programs -- NCAA tourney, final fours, etc.  Going to be around 20+ years.  Woodson has one thing to sell and one thing only -- I can get you to the NBA (exhibit A and B -- TJD and JHS).  Shouldn't take more than a few minutes between holes to sell that.  :)   

(1) It’s not like “I can get you to the NBA” is some unique that Woodson has that other coaches don’t. 

(2) none of Woodson’s players have actually played in the NBA yet. 

(3) JHS was a 5 star recruit and largely is a projected first rounder of potential. His actual numbers this year weren’t great. 13.5 ppg on a really inefficient 49% TS. It’s not like he turned some diamond in the rough into a pro. Did Archie “get Romeo to the NBA”? I mean, one of the coaches you mentioned has a top 5 projected pick. Muss has a projected lottery pick. 

He’s been a medicine recruiter thus far.  “I’ll get you to the NBA” isn’t a magic potion Woodson has in the back of his pocket. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

Sounds like Ware is interested in talking to us also. Things are picking up.

The line on Ware:  ultra-talented big.  Ready to explode next season.  Responds to “I’ll get you to the NBA” well and his favorite athlete of all time is a tie between Scott May and Craig Stadler.  I like our chances.

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

The line on Ware:  ultra-talented big.  Ready to explode next season.  Responds to “I’ll get you to the NBA” well and his favorite athlete of all time is a tie between Scott May and Craig Stadler.  I like our chances.

JHS and Trayce appearing to be heading for the first round is a god send for attracting elite talent 

1 hour ago, Scotty R said:

Where do you get that Davis would be on our roster 

Some more connected have indicated the possibility. The point was more that he, or Knecht, or whatever could be a great player at the 3.

29 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

When did they go to a final four

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

X, Love, and Gallo is a championship level backcourt.. 

Especially defensively.

No... Gallo is a wonderful 3. He shouldn't, and he needs to be recruited over for playing the 1 or 2. Getting Johnson back and getting Love would help that. You'd have Cupps and Gunn that can help at the 1 and 2. Gallo gets minutes at the 3 where he belongs.