Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

And I will.  I’m hanging on to hope that aces are up sleeves because there is plenty of NIL to put our best foot forward. But some of these portal guys are let’s say underwhelming. 

I’ll never give up the hope.  Us diehards have been through it all.  

Agreed, some of them are.  Some may subpar shooting numbers, even if in a small sample, but don't shoot FTs well either.  Some look like they're just athletes without much, or any, actual skill.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

I saw something from 247 (I think) and it said Love's father said there's mutual interest between IU and Caleb.

I'd rather have Knecht though.

We all have our preferences.  Not saying this is you, because it's not, but at the end of the day whoever we end up with isn't going to satisfy a good chunk of the posters because it didn't match their guys.  The mutual interest part IMO is tantamount.  

If we were to end up with Love, Battle, and Sparks, that would be the #7, #15, and #78 recruits in the transfer portal.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

I’d imagine that the game in Assembly Hall last season made an excellent impression on Love, and what Woody has done to mold X into a much more mature layer probably helps too.

I would also say that JHS' being a first round pick after one year also helps.  

Yeah I wouldn’t mind having Love at all. If I know Mike Woodson would be the man coaching him up then I’d honestly take the way he played/was portrayed at NC with a grain of salt, but that’s my opinion. All it takes is the right leadership to get him on the right track to being a solid team contributor. 

10 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

We all have our preferences.  Not saying this is you, because it's not, but at the end of the day whoever we end up with isn't going to satisfy a good chunk of the posters because it didn't match their guys.  The mutual interest part IMO is tantamount.  

If we were to end up with Love, Battle, and Sparks, that would be the #7, #15, and #78 recruits in the transfer portal.

If I felt we had a strong core of leaders I might feel differently about Love.

Someone mentioned Belichick sometimes taking fliers like that and it's because the strong core in the locker room allowed for a flier here and there.

14 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

When it is all said and done, I want guys that want to be here.

29 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Just my opinion, but I think Battle and Love both end up at Indiana.  Sparks, Battle, and Love and if there is another or two they would be developmental or perhaps a spot shooter or defensive big.

Could you imagine with XJ, Love and Battle fighting for shots. I like to see Shedrick as well.

26 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

And I will.  I’m hanging on to hope that aces are up sleeves because there is plenty of NIL to put our best foot forward. But some of these portal guys are let’s say underwhelming. 

I’ll never give up the hope.  Us diehards have been through it all.  

You can't just look at the name of the schools or even stats all the time when looking at transfers. 

Baylor Championship team 

Teague- UNC Asheville averaged 15pts 

Flagger- Presbyterian 14pts 

Mitchell- Auburn 4 pts 

Miami team has starters that came from Arkansas St and George Mason 

1 minute ago, lillurk said:

I’M IN TOO LET ME WATCH THE FASTEST BACKCOURT ON EARTH

Seriously my heuristic for every transfer is: Dude or Not a Dude? As I wrote elsewhere you need 7+ dudes to be a final four contender. IU’s 3 returning dudes: X, Trey, Malik.

Gunn and Banks may turn into dudes next year (eventually both will, the question is whether they would as sophs). Sparks can be a dude as 3rd big.

Love? Absolutely a dude. What CMW has done with X? JR Smith? Josh Smith? Love would not be a unique challenge for him.