Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, str8baller said:

I have to say that I’m a fan of the Bill Belichek theory that you can kind of have one knucklehead (in this case let’s just say “bad decision maker”) on your team, but not very many. 

I feel like Xavier has matured some but he still takes a lot of coaching to get in the correct frame of mind and not go wild with the ball. So while I believe Woody could probably help Love quite a bit, I do wonder if there wouldn’t be some negative synergy going on with a Love/XJ backcourt. 

I posted that not because I was a fan but because I saw it on Twitter and it hadn’t been posted in this thread.

54 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Jake Heidbreder from Floyd's Knobs now in the portal. All Mountain West at Air Force. A 6'5" pure shooter who needs to gain 15 pounds..

I wonder if we will have interest. Pretty nice stat line. Not sure if he defends:

GP    MIN    FG%    3P%    FT%    REB    AST    BLK    STL    PF    TO    PTS
2022-23       32    32.5    48.8    39.9    86.7    3.3    1.7    0.0    0.6    2.0    1.7    15.1
2021-22       29    34.1    49.8    37.9    79.7    3.2    1.9    0.1    0.5    2.5    1.2    10.4

Just watched his highlights. Somewhat of a funky motion and release but he gets it off quick...hard to tell how athletic he is, but he's 6'5 and has some decent attacking highlights where he uses his body well to score. 

As stu points out, not sure how he can defend. A game with athletes like Miami he would maybe have some issues...but if he's surrounded by athletes it might work. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Jake Heidbreder from Floyd's Knobs now in the portal. All Mountain West at Air Force. A 6'5" pure shooter who needs to gain 15 pounds..

I wonder if we will have interest. Pretty nice stat line. Not sure if he defends:

GP    MIN    FG%    3P%    FT%    REB    AST    BLK    STL    PF    TO    PTS
2022-23       32    32.5    48.8    39.9    86.7    3.3    1.7    0.0    0.6    2.0    1.7    15.1
2021-22       29    34.1    49.8    37.9    79.7    3.2    1.9    0.1    0.5    2.5    1.2    10.4

Jake was coached by Todd Sturgeon in HS. Yes, he defends. I don't think we should be interested, I do want to watch this seasons film on him, though. He had some big games. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Jake was coached by Todd Sturgeon in HS. Yes, he defends. I don't think we should be interested, I do want to watch this seasons film on him, though. He had some big games. 

What's the down side?

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

What's the down side?

I don't know that he is quick enough. I am not sure he can get his own shot, in the B1G. And yes, strength, as well. 

But, again... the last I have seen of him he was an 18yr old HS SR, and quite honestly, guys bodies can change quite a bit from 18-21 (good and bad hahaha).. . I did coach against him 6 or so times while he was in HS... TREMENDOUS kid.