Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I'm a fan.

The guy doesn't need the ball and he can move really well for an oversized guy. 

While I see the attraction for getting more athletic, I hope we move on this one.

Last year, Missouri was the frontrunner when he entered 

27 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I'm a fan.

The guy doesn't need the ball and he can move really well for an oversized guy. 

While I see the attraction for getting more athletic, I hope we move on this one.

Sharp’s HC at John A Logan is an Assitant to Dennis Gates.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Perhaps the best players come from HS but it's looking more and more like the best teams come from the portal.

Absolutely. And the dichotomy is why you need to be able to work in both domains.

If you only play in the portal, you miss on some of the best players, either 1ADs (JHS) or multi-year players who don’t pique NBA interest as highly (TJD).

But the portal gives you a shot at smoothing roster upheaval, weathering an early departure, finding the exact role player that HS Recruit A never developed into, etc.

And as Kopp said in his 100 things list, guys might choose school 2 for a different reason than 1.

Also, consider that the current arrangement is exacerbated by extra COVID years.

2 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Are any of those players good?

I know nothing about St John's. 

King is a 6-2 guard, averaged about 8 mpg.

Storr is a 6-6 guard, averaged about 9 ppg on 43% shooting (40% from 3 only 94 total attempts) in 21 minutes.  75% from the line but 56 total attempts.

Stanley is a 6-8 forward averaged about 5 pts and 3 boards in 15 mpg.

I think I'd be most interested in Storr but the shooting isn't a big sample, also was just a freshman so he'd tie up a scholarship longer.

3 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Are any of those players good?

I know nothing about St John's. 

I did a little research.

King was 247’s 266th ranked player last year. 6’2”, played only 200 minutes. From FL. Probably not a relevant target for IU.

Storr has been at 5 schools in the past 5 years (4HSs and SJU). From Rockford, IL, was the consensus RSCI 89th ranked player last year. 6’6” guard who started 17 games and played 21 minutes, 8.8 points. 40% from 3 and 75% from the line. If you think the school hopping is explainable I can imagine taking a flyer here.

Stanley’s a 6’8” big who’s been great from 2, 5/13 from 3, and under 50% from FT in two seasons. Also started about half their games this year but played less than Storr.

9 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

King is a 6-2 guard, averaged about 8 mpg.

Storr is a 6-6 guard, averaged about 9 ppg on 43% shooting (40% from 3 only 94 total attempts) in 21 minutes.  75% from the line but 56 total attempts.

Stanley is a 6-8 forward averaged about 5 pts and 3 boards in 15 mpg.

I think I'd be most interested in Storr but the shooting isn't a big sample, also was just a freshman so he'd tie up a scholarship longer.

Storr went through multiile prep schools and travel programs. Originally from, I believe, Chicago, so you have to assume U of I would be heavily involved.