Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I think Ware would be a good get.  I don't think either would be bad.

I have a very high amount of doubt that Ware is even being considered by the staff. Would definitely be a good get.

And I'm on the Caleb Love train the more I think about it. Sure he's a wildcard... But so was Xavier Johnson and Woody has gotten a lot of good out of him and really helped him.

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I have a very high amount of doubt that Ware is even being considered by the staff. Would definitely be a good get.

And I'm on the Caleb Love train the more I think about it. Sure he's a wildcard... But so was Xavier Johnson and Woody has gotten a lot of good out of him and really helped him.

That’s what I was thinking. Love could completely stray away from the way he played at NC with Woodson coaching him up and actually be a valuable team piece for us. Woody wouldn’t let him play like he did at North Carolina, and Caleb could be just fine with that, who knows. It just takes that right leadership to get through to him. 

46 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I thought Ware was leaning toward Arkansas.

We'll see about Love. I have the impression he knows where he wants to go before entering the portal. 

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I thought Ware was leaning toward Arkansas.

We'll see about Love. I have the impression he knows where he wants to go before entering the portal. 

Love has Kansas written all over him. Close to home as well.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I'd be shocked if Ware doesn't end up at a Nike school.  But maybe ties have been cut.  

As much as I hated how Love played at UNC I could see a situation where I would trust staff to assess coachability.  

Here's a stretch 4/5 that just entered the portal:

Aly Khalifa, Charlotte.  6'11", 230 pounds.  From Egypt.  Started 64 of 65 games in his two years at Charlotte.  This past season averaged 11.7 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 2.7 assists in 28 1/2 minutes.  Shot 51/38/74 this past season and took a decent number of threes (made 48 of 126).  From his highlights, has to work on some fluidity but there is a ton of potential.  Looks like he can play with his back to the basket as well as extend his game to the three point line.  Nearly a two-to-one assist to turnover ratio which doesn't happen for big men.

5 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Here's a stretch 4/5 that just entered the portal:

Aly Khalifa, Charlotte.  6'11", 230 pounds.  From Egypt.  Started 64 of 65 games in his two years at Charlotte.  This past season averaged 11.7 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 2.7 assists in 28 1/2 minutes.  Shot 51/38/74 this past season and took a decent number of threes (made 48 of 126).  From his highlights, has to work on some fluidity but there is a ton of potential.  Looks like he can play with his back to the basket as well as extend his game to the three point line.  Nearly a two-to-one assist to turnover ratio which doesn't happen for big men.

Yes! Hits 74% of his free throws!  And he is rocking a headband, too!  What's not to like?