Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

I won't get this phrased the way I want it to so bear with me.

Don't mean this to downplay Doughty but those that are far more familiar with him, was his senior year because he took a step up or was his performance more reflective of being a member of the BD team and living off the team's performance?  

17 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

Where are you getting these rankings Btown?

The first post in this thread has a link to the 247 portal tracking page. Here's a link:

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Basketball/TransferPortalTop/

There's also a link there to a verbal commits page which seems to keep up with who is in the portal in real time or at least close to that. What's interesting about that one is you see players enter the portal and very quickly commit to a new school. Totally legit with no tampering, I'm sure.

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

Can't shake this feeling either, that we'll compile a roster for the B1G rather than the NCAAT.

Lots to happen first though, so I'll remain optimistic until dominoes start falling.

That's not necessarily a bad thing for next year. The first and foremost goal for next year is to make the tournament and not take a step back. IMO, you don't risk taking a step back next year based primarily on a knee jerk reaction to the ending of this year. You have to balance the transition to a team better suited to a deep NCAA run with the need to make the tournament. That transition begins this year but is not completed until the talent in the 24' class arrives. 

Nothing against the kid, but what does sparks have that Michael Durr didn’t?  Not sure I see a change of program philosophy with him being the first get.  As a player to be named later, sure.  

12 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Nothing against the kid, but what does sparks have that Michael Durr didn’t?  Not sure I see a change of program philosophy with him being the first get.  As a player to be named later, sure.  

Durr isn’t close to what Sparks is.  Sparks was better at a freshman than Durr was at any point in his career.

FWIW, Sparks is a very good passer from the post.