Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 minute ago, Honkyman said:

It means IU hit its (first) targets which obviously is good. On paper these 3 look pretty good, i.e., they all bring something that is needed. But there is no way of knowing for certain how these players will perform in a tougher schedule against (usually) better players. In any event, Sparks and Ledlum do not equal TJD and Race Thompson. Timberlake appears to have some of what has been missing but he doesn't equal Jalen Hood-Schifino.  It is unlikely IU will be a Top 25 team next season, imo., without more.

That kind of forecasting isn't something I really buy into. But, that is one way to look at it. 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That kind of forecasting isn't something I really buy into. But, that is one way to look at it. 

If you are into honest forecasting, it is as accurate as any. If you are looking for a quick "yes" or "no" the most optimistic anyone can say is a qualified "yes."

48 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think as a brand Indiana should present similarly and get a respect much like other BlueBloods where we are a Preseason top 25 roster every year.  If we put together the pieces with prior season success, recruiting HS, transfer portal we should aim to always be in the preseason top 25.  That generally means you have nationwide hope.  ( I realize we can be not ranked and outperform our expectations) It happens all the time but I think generating top talent and being pre season ranked is very important to branding.  

Understand and agree. We should always be ranked or at at least close in the preseason discussion. 

I guess I more meant in regards to your comment about being disappointed with the portal? What were/are your expectations there? Especially given nothing has happened yet. 

58 minutes ago, GnarlyTimGarl said:

Something to keep in mind...

Metaphorically speaking, the transfer portal is not an All-You-Can-Eat Buffet with unlimited lobster and filet mignon. There appear to be some lobster and filet on the line but they are limited in number. There may be some more put out on the buffet soon... and we may have been tipped off by the cooks that we can expect some more! Maybe. But nothing is guaranteed and IU is not the only customer at this establishment. There are many others crashing the buffet hoping to grab a piece of lobster or filet. We are not guaranteed anything.

IU is going to have a sizable plate to fill at this buffet. Of course, it would be nice to have a plate full of lobster, but again, there's only so much lobster and there are a lot of customers fighting for it. That being said, there is nothing wrong with grabbing some potatoes or a nice salad as a compliment to the main meal... especially if you KNOW you can get it. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem at all with a piece of filet, a piece of lobster, some potatoes and a nice dinner salad for my meal.

Also to note, just because we said last week we are cutting down on carbohydrates or red meat doesn't mean we won't be picking up any potatoes or steak on the buffet today. Times change. And sometimes people say one thing and do another when they realize what is available on the menu.

Yeah, and there are a few fat guys in front of us.  :) 

13 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

Senior, G, 6'6" 200lbs. 22-23 Stats: 20.2 PPG, 47.9% 2s, 38% 3s, 7.2 Reb, 1.8 Ast, 2.1 TO

I just saw where we have made contact with Dalton. UK and TENN might be hard to beat but we'll try.