Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

8 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Galloway is a 3 if we are putting players in a role they can excel at. Where he is more active, quicker than the player he matches up against he is great. Where he has to guard a quick point guard his best strengths are mitigated 

Agree with your overall premise. I'd like to see us have a defined PG and big then some combination of big and small wings.

20 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Galloway is a 3 if we are putting players in a role they can excel at. Where he is more active, quicker than the player he matches up against he is great. Where he has to guard a quick point guard his best strengths are mitigated 

Absolutely zero difference between a 2/3, though. 

He stuffed Sincere Carry. Same with Smith. He excels at guarding "little quick guards". 

11 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Would be much easier to tell if I knew whether the friggin’ thing was upside down or not. Thanks a lot Under Armour. 

giphy.gif

14 hours ago, hoosierbgh said:

If Galloway is coming off the bench, then this team is going to be a whole lot better than people are predicting next year. 

Exactly my point. On a truly good team, Galloway would be coming off the bench (and would have had Xavier Johnson not been injured).

7 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Exactly my point. On a truly good team, Galloway would be coming off the bench (and would have had Xavier Johnson not been injured).

On a truly AMAZiNG team, none of our returning players are starters. 

12 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Bingo. Maybe X and Malik (IF he develops). That's why I won't be overly excited if they land Furst and Essegian. Maybe good enough for the B1G but not nationally. 

5 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Bingo. Maybe X and Malik (IF he develops). That's why I won't be overly excited if they land Furst and Essegian. Maybe good enough for the B1G but not nationally. 

Not Furst and Essegian.  I don’t want Furst at all under any circumstances.  Now if we were to go get Girard from Syracuse and feature him at the two guard along with X and Malik then surround them with athletic wings that are dawgs and play defense like those guys at FAU that’s a team that is good enough.  Malik and X are good enough as starters and their are plenty of portal guys to pair with them to have a dangerous team.  Just have to get the right ones which is hard to do but not impossible.  They are out there.

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Not wanting Essegian is very confusing. I can understand Furst... I'd still like him off the bench though. 

Essegian is fine.  Girard is way better.  No to Furst and Essegian together.  I don’t want Furst here with Malik.

1 hour ago, MikeRoberts said:

To be fair, I don't think there were any truly amazing teams this year.  That's why we are going to have a final four which at best will have seeds of 2, 5, 5, and 9.

35 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Xavier Johnson is, without a doubt, a better college basketball player than Keith Smart.

Absolutely. Not only that, it would be easy to argue that, other than rim protection,  a sophomore Reneau will be a better player than Dean Garrett and Galloway will be better than a junior Joe Hillman, though Hillman didn’t start, he played starter minutes. I’m not sure what constitutes an amazing team, but that one won a NC. So you’ve got some really excellent pieces. The difference is you don’t have a premium guy like Alford that teams have to gameplan for and you don’t have Knight. Not arguing this team is a NC contender next year, we’ll see, just saying the difference between good and great is very small. Hell, we’ve deemed Dusty May the Pope of coaching now, and he’s really good, but if Hardaway is given the TO at the end of the Memphis game FAU goes home last week and May doesn’t have a 4 page thread, 

56 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Not wanting Essegian is very confusing. I can understand Furst... I'd still like him off the bench though. 

If some of these players we recruited so hard over the past few years are possibly considering IU again through the portal… Answer = Coach Woodson > Coach Miller!

27 minutes ago, Demo said:

Absolutely. Not only that, it would be easy to argue that, other than rim protection,  a sophomore Reneau will be a better player than Dean Garrett and Galloway will be better than a junior Joe Hillman, though Hillman didn’t start, he played starter minutes. I’m not sure what constitutes an amazing team, but that one won a NC. So you’ve got some really excellent pieces. The difference is you don’t have a premium guy like Alford that teams have to gameplan for and you don’t have Knight. Not arguing this team is a NC contender next year, we’ll see, just saying the difference between good and great is very small. Hell, we’ve deemed Dusty May the Pope of coaching now, and he’s really good, but if Hardaway is given the TO at the end of the Memphis game FAU goes home last week and May doesn’t have a 4 page thread, 

Garrett and Smart were national champions and drafted early in the 2nd round.

X and Reneau have a long way to go to hit any mile stones those guys did

7 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

If some of these players we recruited so hard over the past few years are possibly considering IU again through the portal… Answer = Coach Woodson > Coach Miller!

Are we going off the Essegian cryptic tweet, or are there actual rumblings?

7 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Are we going off the Essegian cryptic tweet, or are there actual rumblings?

I’m not… but I wondered that about his tweet. I’m basically mentioning some the players we wanted and thought we were close to landing with Coach Miller seem to be showing some IU interest now with Coach Woodson. Also, l read somewhere where Keion Brooks had some interest in transferring to IU last year.