Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

14 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We need more athletic guys at every position. Gunn fits, but forgot how to shoot or do much of anything else. Banks kinda fits but he still gives me baby giraffe images. Xavier fits if healthy. I thought Galloway fit until I watched him try to guard and dribble against the Miami guards.

I agree we need a good back up big. Probably need 2 of them. But then, Fouls/injuries. So, if they are back up quality and injuries happen you are tanked. You need roster flexibility and a coach that’s willing to play different guys for different matchups depending on the ability to impose your will.

We don’t have an identity yet. Trayce was our identity. Woody gets to build that, I guess. But all things being equal give me size, athleticism, and guys that have that dog in them.

My ideal 5, is like a Zeller or a Flory. Tall, quick. Can run the floor. Rebounds. Shot blocks, (although Zeller had short arms).

Reneau as our 5 is a scary thought and I love him. But he is none of those things besides being a competitor. He’s got nice touch. Above average dribbling. Etc.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I think we're largely agreeing. I want multi-skilled athletes all over the court, especially the 1-4. Banks fits the profile of an ideal 4, but agree that he might not be ready yet and that we need to find someone ready to play that spot while Banks develops. 

I guess my point on needing bigs and Reneau is that I do not want a lineup of Reneau at the 4 and an even bigger, post players at the 5. That brings us right back to where we've been but with a drop-off because none of those guys will be as good as TJD. 

We need an athletic 5 as you described with multi-dimensional athletes and skilled players surrounding that big. For now, Reneau is what we have at that spot and he is very promising, albeit not the ideal profile. 

But, I do not want another big that takes back to having two post players in the lineup. That just doesn't fit the profile of teams going deep in March. Again, I think we're largely agreeing here in what we want the team to look like, just coming at it from a bit different angles. 

George Mason’s Josh Oduro entering the portal. Nice player. For any school looking for a Race Thompson-type blue collar below the rim 4, this is their guy. I assume he’s following English to Providence. 

47 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I thought Galloway fit until I watched him try to guard and dribble against the Miami guards. 

I think he fits if he’s in a role like he would’ve had with X healthy.

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

The logical choices to leave Purdue are Newman, Furst, and Trey Kaufman.

I’m not much of a fan of Newman at all. Talented enough but game doesn’t seem to really click for him.

Furst is pretty active and quite good. I feel like in the right situation as the five he could be a winning player.

Kaufman is interesting to me also. He’s only had one year of college ball and his size and outside shot form are intriguing. However, he was mediocre at best his freshman year.

I could wrap my brain around either of their big guys.

I don’t know.  I question the judgment of anyone who attends Purdue.   :) 

16 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Darrion Williams, Nevada.  6'6" freshman last year.  31 minutes/game, 7.6 points. 7.3 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 41/36/80.  Nice piece given that he has three years of eligibility left.

I doubt we want to get transfers with a lot eligibility left because we want to use the scholarships for the 24 and 25 class. Also I don't like his overall shooting percentage 

14 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I doubt we want to get transfers with a lot eligibility left because we want to use the scholarships for the 24 and 25 class. Also I don't like his overall shooting percentage 

Might not.  I post guys in general that might be attractive even if they aren’t IU fits