Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He has 1 inch on Malik... and neither can do anything on the perimeter besides stand there and shoot, and neither are elite at that.. They can't create from there. We need a 4 that can shoot, dribble, drive... etc. We need to be able to run offense through a perimeter oriented 4. 

I don't see much difference at all between TJD/Race vs. Malik/Furst..in terms of "playing a different style"... and I'm not saying they can't ever play together, but I don't want that to be our main lineup, no. 

Whybdoes Indiana need to run offense through a perimeter oriented 4? When has Indiana ever done that? Whether anyone likes it or not, Indiana has ran through the post more often than not in history. Malik and First can make a jump to being good enough shooters to play together. And if Furst were coming to IU, it wouldn't be to come off the bench behind Malik.

10 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Whybdoes Indiana need to run offense through a perimeter oriented 4? When has Indiana ever done that? Whether anyone likes it or not, Indiana has ran through the post more often than not in history. Malik and First can make a jump to being good enough shooters to play together. And if Furst were coming to IU, it wouldn't be to come off the bench behind Malik.

When? Not recently... that also coincides with sucking as a program. Again, it's not the shooting that is the only relative aspect to take into consideration to know if they can play together and if it even helps us to begin with. 

What does " Indiana has ran through the post more often than not in history" matter in relation to Woodson/modern basketball and who we need to give us the best chance to win in March? 

If Race could have driven the basketball effectively/passed effectively, ala.. Jordan Miller.... it would have opened things up a ton for our offense. He couldn't shoot or drive.... Furst can marginally shoot better, and still can't drive, Malik shoots it... not well and can't drive. 

Isn’t Furst a plodding big man? That’s not the kind of player I want getting heavy minutes. TJD couldn’t shoot a lick, but he was pretty quick and agile for a big. Playing him and Race together was the problem. Why keep the same roster construction? I want a team of athletes. Look at the teams still left in the tournament. How many start a guy like Furst? Our current style isn’t a good fit for the college basketball landscape. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

When? Not recently... that also coincides with sucking as a program. Again, it's not the shooting that is the only relative aspect to take into consideration to know if they can play together and if it even helps us to begin with. 

What does " Indiana has ran through the post more often than not in history" matter in relation to Woodson/modern basketball and who we need to give us the best chance to win in March? 

If Race could have driven the basketball effectively/passed effectively, ala.. Jordan Miller.... it would have opened things up a ton for our offense. He couldn't shoot or drive.... Furst can marginally shoot better, and still can't drive, Malik shoots it... not well and can't drive. 

"If Race was an All-american we would have been better." Uh duh? But Indiana basketball for literally the past 50 years has been ran through a post player for a majority of the time. There have been times with Woodson, Zeke, Alford, Cheaney and Yogi but outside of that May/Benson, Henderson, Haston, Jeffries, Killingsworth, White, Zeller, TJD. Been a bigans team. And with success. I mean Zeller literally made a 12 win team into a 27 win team. Sure we could use a 4 that shoots, but we don't know what progress Malik will make from 3 or Furst(in this hypothetical).

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Isn’t Furst a plodding big man? That’s not the kind of player I want getting heavy minutes. TJD couldn’t shoot a lick, but he was pretty quick and agile for a big. Playing him and Race together was the problem. Why keep the same roster construction? I want a team of athletes. Look at the teams still left in the tournament. How many start a guy like Furst? Our current style isn’t a good fit for the college basketball landscape. 

Probably not plodding, but also not Zeller. More athletic than Reneau. It'd really just depend on their progress shooting.

2 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Joseph Girardi III, Syracuse.  Four year starter.  6'3", 16.4 points, 2.8 rebounds, 3.0 assists last year.  Shot 40/38/86.  Volume three point shooter, made 177 out of 452 the past two seasons.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Youse guys want a shooter?

Dere's yo shooter.

I think you need to knock the "i" off his last name. Unless maybe you're looking for a decent former big-league catcher (and mediocre big-league manager). 

RUMOR: Joe Girardi Is The Mets' "First Choice" To Become Their New Manager

2 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

People gotta remember not to only look at shooting % as a reason to write someone off.

Nick Zeisloft shot like 35% from 3 before he got here.

I'm more concerned with the volume of 3s shot than the percentage made. IU had two high percentage shooters from 3 this past season both of which were prone to pass up shots and often afraid to shoot. IMO, this staff has shown that they can improve shooting percentages for those willing to do the work, it's a lot harder to get shooters to shoot a much higher volume of 3s and to do so confidently. 

33 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I've seen a couple mentions here of Furst. I don't have time to go through all the  posts -- is he considering leaving the wonderland that is West Lafayette? Or is that just speculation? 

Sorry that was me just starting a rumor. Kind of. If you see him in the portal today, then I think you will see him become a Hoosier. 

54 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Joseph Girardi III, Syracuse.  Four year starter.  6'3", 16.4 points, 2.8 rebounds, 3.0 assists last year.  Shot 40/38/86.  Volume three point shooter, made 177 out of 452 the past two seasons.

In 2018, Joseph Girard III cemented himself as New York State’s all-time leading scorer. His team, the Glens Falls Indians, captured its first state championship in basketball to accompany its first two titles in football, both of which Girard quarterbacked. He averaged about 50 points per game both his junior and senior seasons of basketball

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Sorry that was me just starting a rumor. Kind of. If you see him in the portal today, then I think you will see him become a Hoosier. 

He and Malik would be interesting...He'd have to get much better IMO. I just want, as the cool kids say, dudes. I'd welcome him, but gotta get more than him. 

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Another intriguing option.

4 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

He and Malik would be interesting...He'd have to get much better IMO. I just want, as the cool kids say, dudes. I'd welcome him, but gotta get more than him. 

We're brining in at least 3 transfers probably more like 4