Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

32 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Justice Williams of LSU into the portal.  HS ball at Montverde Academy and had an Archie offer.  Not advocating for just posting because he had the IU offer.

A shooting guard who can't shoot and had a Miller offer. Yep, checks out. 

Did some checking on a couple names we've reached out to.

Chris Ledlum had an ORtg of 106.1, that would placed him between Kaleb Banks and Tamar Bates on IU this season.  DRtg of 92.4 would've been better than Jackson-Davis' of 94.1.

Kowacie Reeves had an ORtg of 92.3, that would've been 13th on IU.  A DRtg of 101.7 would've been 9th between Xavier Johnson and Kaleb Banks.

Makes me like Ledlum a little more and Reeves, somehow, even less.

8 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Obviously the shooting is appreciated. Can he defend the wing at the high major level? Because that’s what I want. No more Miami games.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

No clue. But I'm going to guess the likelihood of finding a 3 that can score and defend is pretty low. I'll take scoring if we are running and gunning next season.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Justice Williams of LSU into the portal.  HS ball at Montverde Academy and had an Archie offer.  Not advocating for just posting because he had the IU offer.

That means automatic no, doesn't it?  :) 

For anybody who likes their undersized shot hunting machines, here’s your guy: 6’2” SG Quincy Olivari from Rice entering the portal. Almost 19/gm last year and a career 37% 3pt guy. Not the worst defender, either. Will have a massive offer list.

10 hours ago, btownqb said:

Its very unrealistic to think we can just add a serviceable vet PG and give him no mins until/if XJ gets hurt. 

We just don't have the mins. XJ is playing 36mpg+ when it matters. 

Did you watch the first 1/3 of the season? How many point guards did we have on the court at the same time?

im not sure why you keep saying there are only 40 minutes available and XJ is getting 36 of them. If we get another “dawg” of a point guard he will start both and both can get 36 a game or whatever number you want to make up