Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Its 100% enough. We dont you're right. Clearly the staff does. Factually speaking TG avged less than 2 TOs a game, so that didnt happen. 

We don't need a PG, nor do we have mins for one. 

How do we not have the monies for another guard? Are we just guaranteeing Cupps 10mpg to spell Johnson? How about instead we go get a vet who can do that while Cupps improves?

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

And still consistently had the ball knocked away from him. If he's back to being our secondary ball handler, we are in trouble. He needs to be 3rd. 4th preferably. We need another point guard. I don't want to rely on Cupps either. And if Cupps is only playing a few minutes a game, then Gallo is our 2nd ball handlers for majority of the game. That's a problem.

We dont. We don't have the mins for one. 

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

How do we not have the monies for another guard? Are we just guaranteeing Cupps 10mpg to spell Johnson? How about instead we go get a vet who can do that while Cupps improves?

Why? Or why would we want to do that? 

That also sounds unrealistic. 

Cupps is our backup PG. I'm not really sure why he wouldnt be? Cupps is better than Braden Smith.... he isn't sitting, idk what to tell you. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Why? Or why would we want to do that? 

That also sounds unrealistic. 

Cupps is our backup PG. I'm not really sure why he wouldnt be? 

And I'm saying Cupps should be 3rd on the depth chart. There are PGs in the portal. Get one. Get a wing. Get a big man.

Nope no way possible to find minutes when there will only be 2 PGs on the roster. Man that worked great this past season didn't it?

Well.. XJ plays 32mins+.... Cupps plays 10-15. Where are the mins? 

And I'm saying Cupps should be 3rd on the depth chart. There are PGs in the portal. Get one. Get a wing. Get a big man.

We dont need one. The staff is pretty clearly saying Cupps is 2nd. I know, I know you know more than the staff does... but, Cupps should be our backup next year. 

We need a 4. 

If Cupps is playing 10-15 minutes, then we are probably NIT bound. We need something more reliable than a lowly rated freshman and Gallo as a secondary ball handler.

Thats probably not it either. 

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

If Cupps is playing 10-15 minutes, then we are probably NIT bound. We need something more reliable than a lowly rated freshman and Gallo as a secondary ball handler.

Are you placing your order for crow already?

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Aren't you a member of the Braden freakin Smith fan club?!!?

Fan club? No. But we also don't have a 7-4 dude to help Cupps out as he's adjusting to the game. And honestly, we don't have a player development coach quite on the level of Painter. Can Cupps be that good in his first year? I guess so. I wouldn't bank on it if I'm the staff. I don't know if it's just blind fandom or arrogance as a fanbase, but to believe we only need 3 dudes to handle the ball is ridiculous. The thought we shouldn't go get another ball handler because of a freshman is ridiculous. It's easy to have a freshman be a ball handler when you have another really really good player on the floor, but next year we won't have that. Maybe the year after we will.

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Well Cupps won't have two All-Americans to play with like Yogi did. And Yogi was pretty damned good his freshman year in his role.

I think Cupps will be better than Yogi as a FR and more efficient. 

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Well.. XJ plays 32mins+.... Cupps plays 10-15. Where are the mins? 

There are an unlimited amount of minutes at PG.

we had 80 a game available early on and that shrunk to 40 because we were limited. We need more speed, more ball handling, more players that can create and despite opinion - XJ is not guaranteed to be back at all and if he is, he is not gauaranteed to be his old self after a season ending injury. That, coupled with Cupps having never played a minute at the P5 college level suggests we need another solid Pg.

galloway is a 3, playing him at the 1should be a worst case scenario