Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

45 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I LOVE stats, but PER sucks.  Kiirsa led the Pac 12 in assists and 75% of his shots were three pointers, meaning his 37% field goal percentage actually has an efficiency of 51%.

I'd love to see IU get involved with Kiirsa.  He's had success at a P5 level and would give us another option at guard.

Ok I have a question. Originally when the transfer portal started I thought you could enter it see what's out there then stay if you wanted? Now every kid that enters the reporter's act as though the kid is gone. Can you not still stay?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Ok I have a question. Originally when the transfer portal started I thought you could enter it see what's out there then stay if you wanted? Now every kid that enters the reporter's act as though the kid is gone. Can you not still stay?

If you current coach wants you back but it’s a 2 way street. If you enter your spot isnt guaranteed to be there if you decide to come back 

4 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Are you confusing declaring for the draft with the portal?

3 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

They can still stay if the coach allows them to. The coaches aren't obligated to take a player who entered the portal back if the player changes their mind. I imagine that the number of players who stay after entering the portal is a small percentage.

Trey Tennyson, leading scorer forTexas A&M Corpus Christi. 6'4" guard. Scored 21 points on 8 of 21 shooting in their loss to Alabama in the NCAA tourney.  Volume three point shooter.  Averaged 15.7 points, 2.3 rebounds, and 1.2 assists in 28.6 minutes.  Shot 44/40/89.  Made 2.9 threes on 7.1 attempts per game.

Reese Dixon Waters, USC.  6'5" guard.  9.8 points, 3.2 rebounds, 1.1 assists.  Shot 44/30/78.  Was 118th ranked recruit in the class of 2020.

Themus Fulks, Louisiana.  6'1" point guard.  9.2 points, 6.0 assists, 2.9 rebounds.  Shot 44/34/70.

K.J. Jenkins, New Mexico.  6'2" shooting guard.  More of a role player type.   18.6 minutes, 7.4 points.  Shot 44/44/77.

1 hour ago, go iu bb said:

They can still stay if the coach allows them to. The coaches aren't obligated to take a player who entered the portal back if the player changes their mind. I imagine that the number of players who stay after entering the portal is a small percentage.

Seems like it may happen with a coaching change.    But that's about it.  

2 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

He was hurt last year but is really good. Ike would be a great addition. 

The 'huh' was more about moving away from being a post touch team.  Personally I would love to have Ike.  Certainly still roster space to add the shooters and slashers we need and I'm probably more optimistic than most in Reneau being able to expand his game from the outside.  IMO, Reneau being the 5 next season would not be a good result.  Think he's a 4 and hopefully could expand his shot.  Think he's technique on threes looks fine....certainly better than Race's ever was.

13 minutes ago, Demo said:

Huh. 

All that talk about playing different and not build around a post player and go out and get involved with a post player that can’t shoot.    Ike isn’t coming to play behind anyone and Malik isn’t going to back up anyone so you going to play 2 bigs again.    Going to be stiff competition for him so I personally don’t see him making it to IU but the fact that they are going after him is an interesting tell